Chapter 23

Naruto's chakra was like fire, forming spirals of flames as he started to heal, quite quickly for that matter. All the needles began to pop out of his body.

What the hell is going on with him? Sasuke thought, eyes widening as he tried to sit up. Naruto couldn't have that much power...could he?

Even Haku was staring in shock. What is this chakra? He thought. He tried throwing needles at him but with just Naruto's roar they flew back. He threw them again, in which they did stab into him, but he didn't flinch for even a second. When the boy roared again the needles were shot back out.

Naruto couldn't think straight; or at least, how he normally would. Whatever was inside of him made him become almost beastlike. He glanced at his surroundings, looking at one of the crystal mirrors. Going on all fours he ran, slashing it.

It broke just like thin ice.

Haku had no idea what was happening at this point as he flew out of the ice. This is not the Naruto I met before, he thought, remembering that bright bashful smile on his face that was now replaced by an angry, almost raging one. He tried attacking but Naruto jumped and spun, ramming him in the stomach. Haku crashed into the ground and tried to get into another one of the mirrors, but Naruto grabbed his foot.

"You aren't going anywhere," Naruto growled, swinging Haku. He then pulled his fist back, punching the boy in the face and making him fly back onto the ground. Haku slowly started to stand up, his tracker mask cracking, and then breaking in half, it falling to the ground. Naruto was about to go for another punch, but stopped midway.

This..this can't be the boy Rizaki and I saw in the woods just a day ago! Naruto thought, his eyes widening slightly.

"So that guy in the woods..." Naruto growled, but it had gotten slightly weaker. "That...was you?"

"Why do you not strike?" Haku asked, trying to rile the blond up. "Did you not just vow to avenge your comrade's death by killing me? Or were those just empty words?" Naruto's teeth clenched, turning to look at his 'dead' friend, who was being held up again by Sasuke. No...he's lying! She isn't dead! She said she wasn't!

Naruto grunted and punched Haku in the face, making Haku fly back on the ground again. "SHUT UP!"

"Ngh...no, that won't do," Haku grunted, coughing out blood. "You are still holding back. If that is all the strength you are going to give, you will never keep your vow. Perhaps she didn't mean as much to you as you pretend." Naruto clenched his fist and, thanks to his much sharper nails, he bled out.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
(⚠️Warning: Mentioning of abuse. If you want to skip I'll let you know where to stop)

Banging was heard against wood. Rushed banging. "N-Naruto?! Open the door! PLEASE!" A small grunt was soon to come after as Naruto walked over to the door. Reaching up to grab the door in his six year-old body, he opened it. His eyes widened and his pupils shrunk.

"Rizaki?! W-What happened, dattebayo?!" He pulled her inside and shut the door closed, much to her whining, and set her on the couch. He quickly locked the door before getting a good look at her.

Rizaki looked like she just got run over by...something. One of her eyes were blackened and she had cuts all over her arms and legs. Not to mention all the bruises. The girl even had a stab wound in her side, though luckily not in her hip. The worst part was the tears down her face, yet the young girl smiled awkwardly despite everything. "H-Hey?" She greeted with a small wave.