Chapter 29

Starting to focus her eyes on him, Sasumi ran at her opponent, swinging her fist. Lee dodged in the wind.

"What the—how fast is he?" Sōma mumbled. The said boy appeared in the air over the female Uchiha.

"Leaf Hurricane!" Lee was about to kick her but she blocked his leg quickly with her hand. Ngh, I am NOT going to lose to him! Sasumi thought. She grabbed his leg and was about to spin until Lee spun around in his position and kicked her in the face, making her fly back.

"Sasumi!" Sasuke called out. Sasumi slowly waved her hand dismissively at him before getting up.

"I'm not...done yet," she growled as she looked down, hair covering her face. "Whether you like it or not...I don't plan on losing to the likes of you!" When she shot her head up everyone except Lee let out a slight gasp.

Her Sharingan activated?! Sasuke thought, eyes wide. And she's already at her second tomoe too?!

Sasumi ran at Lee, pulling her fist back again. But he didn't seem phased at all. He dodged last minute and kicked under her chin, making the raven head shoot up in the air.

"Sasumi!" Rizaki and Sōma exclaimed. "How is he so fast?!" Rizaki added, Naruto finally getting the mark off her face.

"You see," Lee started. "My technique is neither Ninjutsu or Genjutsu." Sasumi was able to catch herself and regain balance but Lee dashed at her, punching her in the stomach. "You see, Sasumi, this is Taijutsu. Which means no tricks whatsoever, it's all just pure martial arts. Nothing more."

"Why you—!" Sasumi swung her arm again, Lee dodging it with ease as he jumped back.

"I know your technique, so forget it. It will not work on me. I know Uchihas like you can see through your opponent's jutsu. That Sharingan you've recently activated gives you the ability to read his chakra and decipher his hand movements. You can guess what he's going to do before he knows himself. But you see, the problem is that taijutsu is a bit different."

"Right...but what's your point?"

"I do not try to hide or disguise my moves, because I don't have to," he explained. "Even if you can read them, you still cannot stop them. You are too slow. Your eyes may be quick enough to stay one step ahead of me, but if your body can't catch up, then what good does it do you?" Sasumi grunted from all the impact she dealt and glared up at him. "You know what? Here's what I think; there's two types of ninja in this world—those like you who are born with talent and don't have to work at it, and those like me...who have to train every day of their lives!"

The girl started running at him, and the green-suited boy pulled his fists up before kicking her up in the air again, jumping up after her as she was now flying on her back.

"Dancing Leaf Shadow!" Lee exclaimed, his bandaged arms starting to unravel. "You have good eyes, but now I must prove my point...that hard work can beat natural talent! You're finished!" As soon as he said that, a kunai flew in and caught part of the bandage, making Lee slam against the wall. "This is bad..."

"That's enough Lee!" Everyone turned to the baritone voice and saw...a tortoise. A talking tortoise.

"I think that kiss gave me side effects," Rizaki shivered.

"If that's the case it might be contagious," Naruto added, doing the same gesture. "'Cause I'm getting those too! Is that supposed to be his sensei?!"

"Sasumi!" Sasuke jumped up and caught his sister, setting her on the ground. "What were you thinking, challenging him?!" Sasumi just rolled her eyes.

"Hn. Don't yell at me, you'd do the exact same thing..." she didn't seem like herself though, since she was staring at Lee the whole time with a shocked look. My Sharingan couldn't even match up with his speed... I would've beat him too if he wasn't so freaking fast...

"You—you were watching us the whole time?" Lee asked the tortoise.

"Of course," the tortoise replied with a scolding glare. "That last technique is forbidden, you know that!" The boy lowered his head in apology.

"I am very sorry. I didn't mean to—I was not planning to use the forbidden Jutsu!" He immediately went from calm to frantic. "It was just—I was in the middle of a fight, and I mean—you understand!..."

"I KNEW IT!" Naruto shouted.

"Eh?" Lee and the tortoise turned to him.

"THE TURTLE IS HIS SENSEI! COME ON RIZZY!" The blond snatched Rizaki's arm and yanked her up to her feet (ignoring the 'Hey!' of protest) before dragging her to Team 6 & 7. "Guys!"

"Yeah?" Sōma asked in a strained voice, his eye twitching in annoyance.

"That weird thing he's talking to is a turtle, right?"

"It's actually a tortoise but...duh."

"Okay, so that means tortoises can be senseis, too! Right?"

"Why the hell would I know that?"

"Cuz you're one of the smart ones here!" Rizaki sighed at their arguing and turned back at Lee and his 'sensei'.

"You're a disgrace!" The tortoise scolded. "You think you can get away with a bunch of lame excuses like that?! A shinobi never shows his techniques unless absolutely necessary. It's a basic rule and you should know that!" Lee stared at the ground shamefully.

"F-Forgive me sir.."

"Are you prepared to take punishment for your actions?"

"I—!" Lee cut himself off and sighed. "Yes sir..."

"Alright. Come out, Guy-sensei." A cloud of smoke appeared over the tortoise and a man, who you can most definitely mistake for Lee's future self with him looking almost exactly the same as the boy, stood on top of the shell with such a confident aura. He had a Jonin jacket on, unzipped.

"What's shakin'?" The man, now known as Guy, greeted. "How 'you doing, everyone? Life treating you well?" The others all deadpanned.

"HE'S GOT THE BIGGEST EYEBROWS YET!" Naruto yelled bluntly in surprise. "THEY'RE ALMOST ALIVE!"

"Hello ladies," Guy greeted the girls in the room with a playful wink.

"This...is way too weird," Sakura sweatdropped.

"I..." Rizaki sweatdropped as well as she shuddered. "I have no comment..." Sasumi took that sentence literally, not saying anything. But her face said all.

"Is that where Lee got his bushy brows from?!" Naruto added loudly.

"Hey!" Lee defended, now agitated. "Do not insult Guy-sensei! He is one of the greatest men in the entire world!"

"Well excuse me for not noticing such greatness! I was too busy looking at how he crawled out of a damn turtle!"

"Tortoise," Sōma corrected again.

"Whatever!"

"He did not crawl out!" Lee yelled.

"Ay, no fighting!" Rizaki scolded, grabbing the two boys by the face and pushing them away from each other since they were literally face-to-face.

"Ack!"

"Hey!"

"Listen to the youthful freckled child!" Guy agreed, Rizaki's eye now twitching at the new name given to her. "Give it a rest, Lee." The bowl-cutted boy looked at his sensei and nodded.

"Yes sir!"

"Now for your punishment! YAHHHH!" Guy punched Lee in the face with so much force he got a nosebleed, causing everyone to yelp in surprise, Sakura jumping behind her brother. "I'm sorry Lee!" The sensei quickly apologized dramatically. "It was for your own good!"

"S-Sensei..." Lee stuttered, on the ground from the impact of the punch.

"Did he just punch his own student in the face?!" Sōma shouted in surprise and slight concern.

"Oh Lee!" Guy exclaimed with anime tears coming out of his eyes. Lee began to anime cry as well.

"O-Oh sensei, I'm so sorry!"

"It's over! You don't need to say any more apologies!" Both hugged each other as they began weeping. "Lee!"

"Sensei!"

"This is so wholesome!!" Rizaki whined as she hugged Naruto tightly around the neck with her own anime tears. "SO WHOLESOME!"

"R-Riza...k-ki...!" Naruto choked out, trying to pull her off him.

"I must admit, it's a bit cute," Sōma agreed, smiling a little.

"Are you guys kidding me?" Sasumi deadpanned and gestured to the sensei and student. "This looks freaking disturbing!"

"You just got caught in between," Guy told Lee with tears coming down his face. "You're too old to be called a boy but not yet a man!"

"Oh sensei!" Lee cried. "You're too good to me!"

"Now take off! I want you to give me 100 laps around the practice field! Show me what you got!"

"Yes sir!"

"Seriously?!" Sakura questioned, jaw dropping. "This just got even weirder than before! And what about the Chunin exams?! This isn't the time to be playing around!"

"Ohh..uh—oh, right, I forgot." Guy cleared his throat. "Lee, not only did you disobey my orders, but you have disrupted the Chunin Exams. I think this warrants a slightly more severe punishment, don't you think?"

"Yes sir!" Lee exclaimed, saluting to him.

"Let's say 500 laps then! How does that sound?"

"Outstanding, sir!"

"They're insane!" Sakura commented bluntly.

"P-Probably!" Naruto shrugged, still choking from Rizaki's grip, but it slightly loosened. "B-But who cares about them?! W-What's up with that t-turtle?!"

"It's a—I give up," Sōma lowered his head with a sigh. "He's never gonna get it..." Guy, suddenly, turned to the others.

"Oh no, he's looking at us!" Sakura squeaked.

"Tell me, youthful children, how are Kakashi and Kezuka?"

"You know them?" Sasuke asked, raising a brow.

"Do I know them?" The man chuckled. "Why, people say Kakashi and I are arch rivals for all eternity. Kezuka is more of the referee to our so-great battles, but I believe it's safe to say that she is my rival as well!"

"There's no way!" Rizaki exclaimed, finally letting go of Naruto, who now lets in a huge breath of air. "They never said anything!"

"You've forgotten, Baka," Sasumi started with a scoff. "That they don't say anything about their personal life."

"Shut up Kechi! It's still a bit suspicious, isn't it?!"

"How dare you?!" Lee yelled. "If Guy-sensei says it's true, then—!"

"Let it slide, Lee," Guy cutted off. "A ninja's actions speak louder than their words." Then, he disappeared, making everyone look around excluding Lee.

"Where is he?" Sasuke asked rhetorically, before he turned to see Guy behind him. "Uh...?"

"My record is 50 wins and 49 losses with Kakashi!" Guy bragged with a grin, his teeth shining. "With Kezuka its 30 wins and 29 losses! One better than each of theirs, by the way!"

"You're kidding!" Naruto laughed. "How'd he beat Kakashi and Kezuka?" Sōma shrugged.

"I mean, he only beat them by one, so...I'd actually say they're evened out." Guy huffed at the logical statement.

"The fact is, I'm stronger and faster than both Kakashi and Kezuka!"

"You see?" Lee said proudly. "Guy-sensei is the best there is!"

"I'm sorry for the troubles Lee has caused you. Look into my eyes and accept my sincere apology! Also notice my handsome, manly features!" Sasumi grunted and clenched her hands into fists, making Sasuke look at her with slight concern in his eyes. "Lee, you should accompany these fine young ninja to their classroom!" He pulled off the kunai attached to Lee's bandages. "Remember, do your best. Farewell Lee!" He poofed away in a light cloud of smoke.

"I said I wanted to test my skills," Lee began. "And that is true enough." He then turned to Sasumi, a serious look on his face. "But you aren't really the one I wanted to test my skills against. I lied to you when we were fighting before, and I apologize. I told you I was the best ninja here, but there is another top ninja, someone on my own team. I came here so I can defeat him. You were just practice. Now you are a target." He started to wrap his bandages around his hands again. "I will crush you...there you have it. Consider yourself warned." He jumped away towards his destination.

Sasumi's fists tightened as she glared at the path Lee went to.

"Sasumi.." Sōma mumbled.

"Hm..I guess it's safe to say Uchiha aren't as perfect as people believe them to be," Rizaki commented, wrapping her arms behind her head. Sakura elbowed her stomach while Sasuke glared at her. Naruto just stared wide-eyed and blinked a few times.

Damn, he thought. That's bold.

"Rizaki!" Sakura scolded.

"OWW!"

"Just shut up!" Sasumi growled. "Next time I'll kick him in that damn face of his!"

"Oh really? I'm pretty sure you got the roles messed up, 'cause he was the one who kicked you in the face."

"Rizaki," Sōma narrowed his eyes at her. "Back off."

"Oh, I'm sorry if I sound blunt, but I'm just speaking the truth!" Rizaki turned to Sasumi, narrowing her eyes. "Bowl-Cut has been training every single day, all the way until his body dropped; that's obvious. Hell, he was about to unbandage his hands to do something that could've dealt you great injury before the exams even started! He trains way harder than you, harder than Sasuke...harder than any of us, really. Get it through that egotistic brain of yours that there's someone out there better than you!" Sasumi stared at Rizaki with cold eyes, though it seemed like she was thinking through her words. There was intense silence.

Damnnn, Sōma thought. She actually has a point. But she didn't have to say it like that to her! Sasumi turned her back towards everyone.

"Well, no use standing around here," she said. "Things have gotten interesting, and I don't plan on waiting much more for these Chunin Exams." Sasuke smirked at his sister and nodded.

"Yeah, let's go."

"YEAHHH!" Naruto shouted as everyone started walking out the doors. He then turned to Rizaki. "I can't lie, you sounded pretty cool there, dattebayo!"

"Maji?" She blushed bashfully at the compliment, rubbing the back of her head before trying to mimic the look Sasumi gave her. "She gave me the cold Uchiha stare!" The blond began laughing. "I'm telling you! I felt like I was going to have a heart attack!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
2396 words

Yeah, I can never know which chapter I publish is going to be longer or shorter so...just take note of that, oki doki? Oki doki

But when Guy was introduced I just- fgkkgdykpputeadkmhk

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! <3