Chapter 54

"...Naruto?" Rizaki mumbled with wide eyes. The large beetle growled a bit under its breath.

"Damn Kurama's loud, annoying, reckless brat..."

"YOU BETTER NOT GIVE IN TO SUCH AN ASSHOLE!!"

"...What?"

"I...I KNOW YOU'D PROBABLY LAUGH IN MY FACE BUT...!" Oh, he better not say something stupid, she thought. "WE'RE SIBLINGS, RIGHT?!"

"...Y-Yeah! Of course, maji!" She didn't know if he could hear her but it definitely wouldn't hurt to try. She heard the seven-tails gag though, or at least what sounded like gagging.

"I HOPE YOU HEAR ME WHEN I SAY THIS...AS A BROTHER I LOVE YOU AND I ALWAYS WILL!" Rizaki felt herself freeze. I love you. She never heard that one phrase in her life. Never to her, of all people. "I PROMISED TO PROTECT YOU A LONG TIME AGO BUT...I KNOW I WON'T ALWAYS BE THERE! SO YOU BETTER BEAT HER ASS AND SHOW ME YOU CAN TAKE ON BAD GUYS BY YOURSELF, DATTEBAYO!" The girl had tears running down her face. Joyful ones.

"I..."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You know that doesn't mean I don't care about you," the Hokage finished with a smile as he kneeled and hugged her. "You did nothing wrong. You said you wanted to be Hokage, right?" Rizaki nodded, and he pulled out something; a black cloak, with a hood and the fire design at the bottom. She gasped.

"T-That's—!"

"The Shadow Hokage's cloak, yes." He chuckled and gave it to her. "Of course it's not the official one, but I thought that, since you are very intrigued by him, you could wear this with pride. My wife made this especially." The girl smiled and hugged the Hokage again before putting it on.

"T-Thanks, Gramps!"

"You're welcome. Remember, you have the Will of Fire inside you. No matter what happens, you must not give up hope. Never in your life. You will become a great Kunoichi someday, a great Hokage someday. I just know it."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Young Rizaki was walking down the wet dirt path of the village as it was pouring-down raining. Her hair was sticking to her light blue T-shirt with black sleeves and she was getting cold. And hungry. Oh, so hungry.

She just passed a small restaurant and noticed them making food, deciding to take a quick peek. It seemed to be riceballs, and only two people were there making it. One an old lady and the other a teenage boy. The boy noticed her and she squeaked and looked left and right, not knowing where to go hide.

"Hey!" He called out. "You can come in if you want!" The blunette stopped, and hesitantly she shuffled her feet in. The boy smiled kindly at her, much to her surprise. "My name's Shigeki. The one back there is my aunt, Miki. What's your name?"

"R-R-Rizaki..."

"Nice name. Want rice balls or something? I can put them on the house for ya."

"N-No, you don't have to! I-I'm not hungry!" That's when Rizaki's stomach gave out on her, growling as a threat for food. Miki laughed loudly from the small kitchen.

"My child, there is but one rule in this restaurant; no customer walks out of here with an empty stomach! Hahahaha!"

It didn't take more than a few minutes. When Rizaki thanked them and took a bite, her face was priceless; a blush of delight on her face as her eyes sparkled. Shigeki chuckled.