Chapter 39

"They're both still warm.." Sōma sighed as he put a wet warm cloth on each of his teammates' foreheads, before sitting outside in front of the cave as a lookout. Sasumi's neck was lightly bandaged, a stain of blood on the side where she was bitten. Rizaki didn't need any bandages, for Sōma remembered how quick it was for her to heal. It was just dry blood at this point. Though, sadly, she hasn't woken up either.

It had been about three days since Osakabe attacked them, and Sōma felt like punching himself until he even knocked himself out. "I wish I could've done more! I felt so damn useless out there...!" he looked behind him at the two girls. And now both of my friends are knocked out cold and I have no idea when they'll wake up...!

The boy hasn't slept within those two days. He wouldn't allow it. The little dots of dry blood on his arms were from his kunai, gently pricking himself with it so he could stay awake. It wasn't one of the safest ways to stay up but he felt like he didn't have a choice at this point.

Maybe I should open the scrolls now...no, I have to wait! Dammit, what is with me?!

"Wow." Sōma perked up and looked around. "Some lookout you must be. Didn't even sense us coming." He got up and looked around before noticing three people walk up to him, all with a headband of a music note.

"You're Sound ninja, aren't you?" The male Haruno asked with a glare. "It looks like it. Back off."

"Aw, why?" One of them asked sarcastically. "All we want is Sasumi Uchiha. Wake her up and have us fight her." Sōma just glared harder, pulling out his kunai and gripping it.

"Not in your life, assholes. What the hell do you want with her anyway? Like, really want with her? I know about Osakabe, and a bit of Orochimaru as well." The group flinched at that.

"What is Lady Osakabe thinking...?" The ninja on Sōma's left mumbled under his breath.

"I won't let you talk to us like that!" The one on the right exclaimed. "First I'm going to kill you, then I'm going to kill Sasumi, and maybe I'll kill the other one too to be merciful!" She was about to attack when the one in the middle, most likely their leader, stopped her.

"Let's not get hasty, Irito. don't want you falling in a useless trap like that." The leader chuckled a bit. "You seriously think a patch of grass with loose dirt is going to actually trick us?" Sōma grunted as the leader went around it. "That's—whoa." He backflipped, looking up and noticing a log crash to the ground. "That's a bit unfortunate. Didn't think I'd trigger that. I'm impressed, kid." When he put his hand on the log, a sort of sound was coming from his hand and the log was destroyed. "But not impressed enough to leave you alone."

"Let's kill 'em!" Irito yelled.

"FANG OVER FANG!!!" Two things spun in the air and crashed into the one on the right, making him fall to the ground with a loud grunt. "Wow, Sōma, you're allowing yourself to get jumped by these guys?"

"K-Kiba?" The boy stuttered. "Akamaru? Then that means..." he looked up, noticing a swarm of beetles fly over him and towards the leader, trying to suck up his chakra. It only worked a little bit, for the 'sound waves' he made with his hand pushed them all back.

"Take a break, Sōma," Shino said from a tree. "You deserve it. We got everything from here."

"But—"

"S-Sōma." He turned to see Hinata next him with a hand on his shoulder. "Go back into the cave a-and rest. T-This may take a while a-anyway." She turned and, for the first time that Sōma's ever seen it, glared at the ninjas before them. "W-We won't let them hurt you or your teammates. G-Go." The dirt-blond eventually nodded, taking a few steps back.

"I'm forever grateful to you guys," he said with a smile of gratitude.

"Yeah yeah, whatever!" Kiba yelled. "Just go!" Sōma ran into the cave as he and Akamaru jumped back. "We got this one!"

"I got the one in the middle," Shino added.

"T-Then I got her," Hinata said, in front of the woman. She closed her eyes before they shot open, veins appearing near her eyes. "Byakugan!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
755 words

Holy shit that's shorter than the last chapter

But I swear if this was an actual hard copy book it would be as long as Harry Potter, if not longer because I haven't even gotten through half of Part 1🥲😭

BUT EYYY TEAM 8 TO THE RESCUE! They literally showed all the Konoha teams in the spotlight except these guys in the show, the only thing I remember them doing was finding Gaara kill a few guys, and even then it was on ACCIDENT. I think. So I thought "hey, I'll give them love and save Team 6 from these bastards! Yeah!"

It's gonna be similar to where Team 10 saved Team 7...or was it Team 9? I actually think it was both but anyways-

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! <3