Chapter 42

"Okay, maji! How hard is it to get some damn fish?!" Rizaki and Naruto were in the river trying to catch some fish, using Shadow Clones to assist them as well. Sasuke and Sasumi were using kunais to catch fish from the shorelines, and Sakura and Sōma were fixing up the campfire so they could cook them. Naruto's head shot out the water as he took in a huge breath.

"You're telling me, dattebayo!"

"Is that seriously all you two got?" Sasumi questioned, raising a brow at them. "I got two and Sasuke got three. Go back and try again."

"If you think it's so easy, Kechi!" Rizaki began with a growl. "Then get your smart ass off dry land and help us get the fish!"

"I don't have to take my clothes off and jump in the water to get them, Baka."

"IT WAS ONLY MY ZIP-UP LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Hey Sasuke, Sasumi!" Sōma called out. "We need one of you to do a Fireball Jutsu and make a fire!" Sasuke sighed.

"Yeesh, Sasumi, you and I have to do everything around here..." Rizaki's eye twitched while Naruto slammed his hands on the water, making little splashes in the process.

"What the hell do you think Riz and I were trying to do this whole time, Teme?!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Wait," Sōma started. "So you guys don't have any scrolls?" Sasuke shook his head.

"No, we still have an Earth Scroll from the Sound Ninjas we fought. But even so, we've wasted four days out here."

"That's really optimistic," Sasumi said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

"I know, but it's true!" Sakura ran a hand through her short hair as she sighed. "Like Sasuke said, we've wasted three nights here. This is our fourth day. Only thirteen teams can pass because there are only thirteen pairs of Heaven and Earth scrolls! We wasted 80% of our time out here. With 27 teams out here, technically 81 candidates, they are out here looking for them. If that wasn't bad enough, things are worse since that creep Orochimaru burnt the Heaven scroll we had!" Rizaki let out a low whistle.

"Wow, that must've been real rough, maji."

"You're telling me." Sasuke crossed his arms. "Maybe we rested and recovered for too long from our last fight, I don't know. The next enemy we face could be our last."

"Then it's settled!" The blunette exclaimed, everyone else looking at her with curiosity. "We'll help you get your last scroll so you can pass!"

"Seriously?" Naruto asked, him slowly beginning to grin. "I-I mean, not that we'd deny, but you don't have to, dattebayo!"

"Hell yeah we do!" Sōma agreed. "We aren't going to let you guys fail, not after how far you've gotten."

"What about you though?" Sakura asked. "You guys don't have them both, do you?" Sasumi scoffed and dismissively waved her hand.

"We do, so it's fine. But in return you're not allowed to take them. You may go backstab us to get our scrolls, and you weren't the only ones working your asses off. We have our eyes on you." Team 7 nodded, understanding where she's coming from.

"Besides, I made a promise for us all to pass!" Rizaki made a fist with her hand as she stood up, before holding it out in front of her. "So don't make me break it!" Everyone each began to stand up, each joining a fist in.

"We need a name for ourselves," Naruto commented. "Like, all of us as a combined team, dattebayo!"

"Erm...Team 67?" Sōma questioned. Everyone shook their heads.

"Too much on the tongue," Sasumi criticized. "And, no offense, not too creative...Team Fusion?"

"Team Fusion..." Sakura tried saying it aloud, but she shook her head again. "It doesn't sound right."

"Team Hatake...?" Sasuke mumbled, making Rizaki's eye twitch a little at the answer.

"Sasuke, we aren't trying to promote our senseis, for goodness sake!"

"Well, what other names are good?"

"Uh.." Naruto rubbed the back of his head. "Team Combo? It sounds good to roll off your tongue, right?" Everyone looked at each other, and after a few moments grins and smiles appeared on their faces.

"Naru, you've done it again!" Rizaki chirped, before giving everyone a determined look. "Team Combo on three! One! Two! Three!"

"Team Combo!" Everyone cheered, raising their arms up and high-fiving each other.

"You know, you'll attract enemies if you yell any louder." The combined team turned towards the voice, and Naruto's jaw almost dropped.

"Kabuto?!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
755 words

Heyooo! Sorry I didn't update for a few days, but that's probably gonna be the new schedule since I want the book to grow a bit more on its own. I'll probably update twice a week now, unless I feel like doing more of course-

Team Combo sounds like such a simple and stupid name to me, but like, I didn't know what else to name them. They deserve a name man, what they suggested was legitimately what went through my mind😭

I also tried to shift recently. Please make a coffin for my sleep schedule-

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed the chapter! <3