Chapter 35

"Whoa, this place looks so cool!" Rizaki chirped as she looked around at all the nature.

"I don't know," Sōma mumbled. "This place kind of freaks me out..."

"Well," Sasumi sighed. "If we are going to survive and pass this we first need to find a place to stay."

Man, she's always right! Sōma thought, having hearts for eyes. But he quickly snapped himself out of it, beginning to think of what to do. "How about...we split up and look for a place to stay?"

"Wait, isn't that a bit risky?!" Rizaki exclaimed. "I mean, splitting up?! Just like that?! Getting separated would be dangerous if we get caught up with other ninja, maji!"

"I thought about that, which is why we're creating a password." The three huddled up together as Sōma whispered the password, the two girls nodding. "Okay, now with that in mind, we'll go look for a camping spot and meet back here." He pulled out a shuriken and dug it deep into the ground, just barely showing the tip. "This should help."

"Nice job, Sōma," Sasumi complimented, yet with her normal, very little emotion. "Let's disperse."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rizaki walked down the path, looking at her surroundings. "Yeesh, this all seems a bit uneasy.." And I already forgot the password...Dammit! Why did Sōma make it so long?! It's a literal monologue, maji!

About ten minutes later, the blunette stopped at a huge cave. It was a bit mossy and dirty, but the inside was perfect for her and the others to stay at. Not to mention a river was right nearby, so they can get water and fish.

"This is perfect!" Rizaki exclaimed, walking into the cave. "The others are definitely going to thank me later!" She noticed how dark it was, and then suddenly she let out an "ACHOO!" Multiple echoes were to be heard, which caused the girl to laugh. At least, until she heard rumbling. It almost caught her off balance.

Holy crud! She thought, pulling out a kunai as she regained herself. What the hell is that? Taking a few steps back, she noticed a huge pair of eyes staring back at her. Beautiful yellow ones with black slits as pupils.

Too bad they were the eyes of an oversized snake.

"SHIT!" Rizaki turned around and dashed out the cave, the huge snake quickly slithering after her as it came into the light of view. It was a dark brown, with hints of black spots on it. The worst part was, it seemed hungry. Hissing and rattling wildly, it slithered quickly towards her.

Why didn't I cover that sneeze?! Rizaki thought, ninja-running at this point to move faster. Oh yeah, because I'm stupid and have no common sense. She continued running, until she heard rustling from up in the trees. Don't tell me there's ninja up there! She made sure to look at all her surroundings, as she hopped over paper bombs and ducked under wires. The snake slithered through it all, but it didn't seem to affect it too much.

I need to find the others, NOW!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"There's nothing around here," Sasumi mumbled, walking through the bushes until she made it to a dirt path. "Hm, maybe there's something around here—"

"SASUMIII!"

"Riza—? WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Sasumi almost got trampled as Rizaki grabbed her arm and dragged her along, the snake after them.

"Good news and bad news!" Rizaki yelled. "Good news; found a place to stay! Bad news; I DIDN'T THINK THERE WAS A SNAKE IN THAT SPECIFIC PLACE!"

"BAKA!" Sasumi caught herself and began running close behind. "Why the hell do you not have common sense?!"

"I ask myself that too!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"SŌMAAAA!!"

"Huh?" The said dirt-blond turned around and he almost melted in his spot at the sight of the snake, immediately beginning to run with his teammates. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"That's what I asked too!" Sasumi exclaimed. "Rizaki was being an idiot again!"

"I'm not even surprised anymore...!"

"Look, all we need to do is kill this snake and we got a spot to stay!" Rizaki answered. "But it's how we're going to do it that's the problem!"

"Okay, here's what we're going to do!" Sōma began, looking at all the trees as they ran. "We jump on the trees to gain higher ground." He pulled out some tripwire and shurikens. "I'll tie this to my shurikens and attach them to the trees. Once the snake's caught we stab it in the eyes and blind it, before making our escape!"

"Don't they have a good sense of smell though?" Sasumi asked.

"Good point...okay, Plan B; I bought paper bombs earlier yesterday. We're exploding this damn thing!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
783 words

Yes this is kind of short and I'm sorry. But I think the next one is going to be long so, be ready for that ;P

AND YEAHHHHH THEY ARE GOING TO BLOW UP A FOOKIN SNAKE CUZ THATS PRETTY FOOKIN AWESOME!!

Ahem

Anyways

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! <3