Chapter 33

"You dare call me Whiskers, Freckles?!"

"I told you, these are SPOTS on my face! And they're lined up!"

"Oh I'm sorry. Ahem...LINED FRECKLES!"

"WHISKERS!"

"LINED FRECKLES!"

"BANANA-JERK!"

"BLUEBERRY-BRAT!" The troublemaking duo had veins popping out of them as their heads made contact comedically.

"GRRRRRR!"

"Yeesh," Sōma blinked, surprised. "That's almost as bad as when they fight with the Uchihas, if not worse." Sasuke rolled his eyes while Sasumi shook her head and sighed.

"You can't expect them to not fight every now and then," Sakura said with a shrug.

This is so stupid, Sasuke thought. This could go on forever. He was then corrected when, after a few moments, the pair began laughing.

"Bl-blueberry-Brat?" Rizaki commented while laughing, resisting to fall to the ground. "The hell kind of an insult is that?"

"You said Banana-Jerk!" Naruto wheezed as he wiped the tears in his eyes, before calming down a little. "Whew...but seriously, why'd you call me that?"

"'Cause you deserved it!" She pouted. "You looked like you were about to forfeit! And I don't want one of the people I wanna fight to give up so easily!" Naruto's eyes widened a little at that, but it soon changed to a determined smile.

"Well come on, I'm not giving up so easily like that. You know me!" He put his hands on his hips. "Besides, I wanna fight you too, when we get the chance. So you better not give up either! Deal?"

"Deal!"

"That almost was like a mood-swing," Sasumi grumbled, though Rizaki could hear her.

"Shut it, Kechi!" She exclaimed, turning around to face her. "Me and Naru just have such a strong bond we can easily laugh it off! I doubt you or Ahiru know what laughing even is!" Both girls had sparks between the distance of their eyes as they glared.

"Back off, Kiotori," Sasuke growled, snapping them out of the trance as he stepped in front of Sasumi. Naruto scoffed at him.

"How about you back off, Uchiha?!" Sparks happened between the two boys' eyes as well, making Sakura facepalm.

"By the way..." Rizaki looked at Naruto with a curious look. "How'd you do on the test?"

"I uh..." Naruto blushed in embarrassment. "Didn't answer any of them."

"What? Oh come on, even I put something down."

"I was going to copy off Hinata, but that kunai the scar-guy shot before snapped me out of it. Besides, I really only had to do the last question, right?"

"Oh, I knew that part. Gave me a heart attack for no reason..." The blond grinned cheekily when he noticed the blunette's pout she was giving him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Well, this seems like a nice place," Naruto complimented with sarcasm as all the remaining Genin had met up with Anko.

"This is the location for the second phase of the exam," the woman explained. "It's the 44th Battle Training Zone. We also call it the Forest of Death." Everyone stayed quiet as they let the name process in their heads.

"F-Forest of Death?" Sōma stuttered.
Rizaki's ear twitched as she heard shuffling and turned to the noise. A rock. Square rock, at that. Naruto turned to see the rock as well and his eyebrow furrowed in annoyance.

"You've got to be kidding me," he grumbled. He walked to one side, and so did the rock. He walked to the other side, the rock followed. He started running and the box chased him until Rizaki picked it up.

"You guys aren't—AH!" The box began to glow brightly, before colored gunpowder exploded in her face. Almost all of the Genins laughed, and Team 6 & 7 sweatdropped while even Naruto began laughing his butt off.

"R-Rizaki!" A voice squeaked nervously. "I-I'm sorry!" As the gunpowder disappeared, the voice turned out to be Konohamaru. His friends were right behind him, sweating a little.

"You got bombed to the faceee!!" Naruto wheezed as he fell to the floor, holding his stomach in laughter.

"Naruto!" Rizaki coughed out, trying to wipe the powdered paint off her face. "Shut up, you jerk!" Moegi ran to her and pulled out a washcloth.

"S-Sorry Rizaki!" Udon began. "We didn't think you'd pull the box off!"
"What else was I supposed to do?! You guys were the ones following him around like ducklings...!" She was given the washcloth by Moegi and began rubbing the paint off her face. The said blond calmed down as he got up, resting his hands behind his head.

"What are you losers doing here anyway?" He asked. "We're in the middle of the Chunin Exams right now, we have no time for playing around!"

"We didn't come to play boss!" Konohamaru pouted. "We're on official business!"

"That's right," Moegi agreed. "We came for a conclusive interview."

"Interview?" Sōma asked, walking up to the kids.

"Uh huh!" Udon confirmed. "We're writing an article for the Academy Newspaper. It's a big feature story about the Chunin Selection Examinations."

"Hm.."

"But right now?" Rizaki questioned, finally finished cleaning her face.

"Yeah, that's why we need an exclusive interview on all you guys!" Moegi clamped her hands together as she begged. "Please?"

"Hey!" Anko called out, pointing to Naruto and the others. "You guys over there! What are you all doing? You're holding up the exams!"

"Uh, sorry!" Naruto sweated a little. "But Konohamaru was telling us something about an interview for the Academy Newspaper."

"Oh yeah!" Anko gasped as she facepalmed. "I forgot all about that! Lord Hokage had mentioned about them interviewing me!"

"Um..." Rizaki sweatdropped. "Just you..really?"

"Alright, we're taking a ten minute break! For those who are scheduled to be interviewed, please be courteous and respectful to the reporters from the Academy Newspaper!"

"Wait, what?" Naruto pouted. "I thought I was the only one being interviewed!" Rizaki scoffed at him.

"Who asked you to take all the spotlight?! HUH, WHISKERS?!"

"SHUT IT, FRECKLES!"

"GRRRR!!" Their heads slammed against each other again as they growled, making the toddlers sweatdrop.

"Uh," Konohamaru began. "If you want, we can have you both go first for an interview!" The duo immediately pulled back and grinned, as if the argument that just happened was non-existent.

"Seems fair!" Naruto chirped.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
1045 words

I DID IT. THANK GOD.

I'm legit wanting to punch myself how could I forget this stuff djdkdkdl-

Now to update the chapter numbers. *insert mental screaming here*

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter though! <3