Chapter 34

"I know I'm not the only one thinking this place creeps me out, right?" Sakura asked, and Sōma sighed.

"I'm pretty sure that...most of us think the same thing, Sakura." He wasn't sure about everyone, including the ones he believed were strongest.

"Well they should," Anko spoke. "They call it the Forest of Death, and soon enough, you're going to find out why."

Naruto huffed, believing he had seen through her words of threats. He started to do a little mocking dance, shaking his hips and wiggling his butt. "They call it the Forest of Death," he mocked, making Rizaki snort and turn around so she could hide her face. "But soon enough, you're going to find out why. Do your worst! You aren't going to scare me away, I can handle anything!"

"Oh, looks like we got ourselves a tough guy." Anko pulled out a kunai and shot it towards the blonde, enough to scratch the side of his face. Rizaki, who had since turned back around, and Sōma winced a little at that. The woman appeared behind Naruto and grabbed his face. "Tough guys like you usually leave their blood all over the forest." Anko pulled out another kunai, ready to attack, when another lady appeared behind her, passing the original kunai back with her...tongue.

"I was just returning your original knife," the woman said, making Team 6 & 7 shudder at her ability.

Who the hell does she think she is?! Rizaki thought, blue lines appearing on the side of her head in disgust. A damn snake or something?!

"Why thank you...Grass ninja." Anko slowly took the knife. "You know, I only really recommend you to stand this close behind me if you wish to meet a premature end." The mysterious lady pulled her tongue back into her mouth.

"My pardon...with a sight of blood and your blade slicing through my hair, mmm...I'm afraid I just became a little excited. I meant you no harm." The woman walked away, Anko watching her with a suspicious look.

"Likewise..." Naruto was by the others at this point, and he stuck his tongue out to see if it would become as long as the lady's. Rizaki deadpanned at him.

"Man, she shows signs of a pedophile all over!" She began to rant. "Her speech, her actions...hell, her presence! HER PRESENCE!" She began shaking the boy by the shoulders comedically, whose eyes became spirals. "Look, just be careful about her. She gives me...weird vibes, maji!" It felt like a positive feeling but...in a bad sense.

"OI! OI! OI!" Rizaki stopped shaking him so he could speak. "I mean, her presence is pretty creepy." Naruto wiped the blood from the cut off his face. "No worries, Riz, we'll be cautious-ttebayo!"

"It seems everyone is quick-tempered," Anko smiled. "There must be something in the air. This is going to be fun."

Naruto's eye twitched. You're the one with the temper! He thought angrily. I don't see anyone else here try to KILL ME WITH A KUNAI, DATTEBAYO!!

"Now, before we begin this test, I have something to give to you all." The purple-haired woman handed out a piece of paper to each ninja. "It's just a standard content form. Before we start I want you all to read over this form, then sign it."

"What for?" Naruto asked, tilting his head.

"Some of you won't come back from the test, and I just need to get your consent to that risk," Anko explained, before laughing. "Otherwise, it would be my responsibility! Hahahahaha!" Everyone began whispering to each other, the two teams that were normally combined just looking at each other with concern and worry. Not just for themselves, but for each other. They didn't want any deaths happening early; they still had a long way to go.