Chapter 36

"Blow it up?!" Rizaki yelled. "Are you crazy?!"

"Well your stupid actions got us into this mess!" Sōma yelled back. "We don't have a lot of choices here, unless you want to die!" Rizaki groaned but nodded.

"Fine fine fine!" Sōma smirked and tied the trip wires through the hole of multiple shurikens before throwing three each to a tree on each side. He handed Sasumi and Rizaki five bombs each.

"How many did you buy?" Sasumi questioned, raised a brow.

"Twenty of them, so I have ten left." The girls sweatdropped. "Look, if I'm going to be making traps and stuff in the future I have to prepare for the worst, right? Now, when I say go, you two jump over this thing using your chakra and stick these onto the snake. I'll be the distraction. We got about five seconds to escape before it blows up after setting these down, so move quickly!" Rizaki and Sasumi readied themselves as they turned around to check the snake. It was still hissing and right on their tail, just a few feet away from them.

"Kechi, you ready?" Rizaki asked with a grin. Sasumi smirked.

"I always am, Baka."

"Alright!" Sōma exclaimed as they ran under the trees with the shurikens. "GO!"

Rizaki and Sasumi both stopped to channel their chakra into their feet. The snake was troubled by the trip wire as it got itself caught in them. The two girls then shot up into the air, flipping onto the back of the wriggling snake before sticking paper bombs all over its limbless body at a fast speed. After they were done, they could already hear an explosion on the back of the snake, making it hiss a bit in pain.

"Guys come on!" Sōma called to them as the girls jumped off the snake and ran with the boy, making it to a safe spot. It was only a couple of more seconds before multiple explosions went off on the snake, making it screech in pain as it fell to the ground, dead.

"...Wow," Rizaki mumbled, blinking a few times. "We exploded a snake." Sōma just chuckled.

"Yeah, the others will think we're crazy."

"But that was some really good thinking there, Sōma," Sasumi said. "You'll probably become a Chunin in no time, if we make it out of here." Sōma blushed a dark hue of red and nodded quickly.

"Y-Yeah!.."

"Welp, let's go back to the cave I found!" Rizaki chirped, and Sasumi glare at her.

"You probably don't even know where it is!"

"We went straight! Besides, I can still see the path from here. If we go down it again we should be right there!"

"Hmph, fine...Baka." She began to walk towards the direction of the path, followed by Sōma. Rizaki mumbled under her breath before following them as well.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Phew, we're here!" The others stared at the mossy cave, mostly impressed.

"I got to say, Rizaki, I'm impressed," Sōma said with a smile. "Guess all that wasn't really for nothing." Rizaki smirked.

"Yeah, well I try—AH!" A kunai was put to her neck. "Sasumi, what the hell?!"

"What's the password?" Sasumi demanded.

"U-Uh..." the kunai was pressed against her neck lightly, drawing a little bit of blood. "Ninja something...?"

Sōma, now beginning to understand the situation, glared. "I would say that is the real Rizaki, since she wouldn't have remembered. But there were multiple flaws before that say otherwise."

"Of course I'm the real one, why wouldn't I be?" Sasumi kicked behind Rizaki's leg, right under the knee, making her groan in pain and fall on her knees.

"It makes sense," she growled. "Rizaki wouldn't have noticed the path if it was right next to her. Not to mention how she would've completely fangirled at the fact she made a snake explode. You made her sound way too calm about it." The raven-haired girl glared. "You're an imposter. Now get out of that Transformation Jutsu before I make you myself!"

'Rizaki' chuckled and poofed away, becoming a female Grass ninja with a creepy look on her face. It wasn't the one from earlier before the test but it was very similar.

"I guess you found me," the woman said, smiling unnervingly. "Say, if your little friend is really that dimwitted, why come up with a password so difficult for her?"

"It wasn't for Rizaki," Sōma said with a smirk. "The whole point was, since there are ninja who would probably eavesdrop on us, we made it a trap. Seems like you've fallen into it."

"Why, that is quite smart! You know, I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind having...a Heaven Scroll, for a reward, now would you?" The two remaining of the team gasped silently as she pulled out a Heaven Scroll. The woman then wrapped her tongue around it before putting it in her mouth and swallowing it. "Well, maybe when this is all over, one of us will have both scrolls and the other...will be dead."

Sasumi and Sōma suddenly had a shocked, almost scared look on their faces as they began to get hallucinations of their alternate deaths. Blood everywhere. Knives in them.

So. Much. Gore.

It was so horrifying for them, they were paralyzed.

"Mmm, you're both paralyzed with fear," the woman confirmed with a small giggle. "That's too bad."

Sasumi was trembling. For the first time in so long, she was trembling. And over what? Some sort of Genjutsu? I got to move! She thought. Why can't I? I have to...I MUST! She slowly grabbed a kunai from her pouch and held it in her hand. Then, she sharply stabbed it into her leg, making her grunt but snap out of it.

When she became aware of her surroundings, she noticed three kunais coming at her and Sōma. Grunting, she shoved the boy down to duck alongside her before throwing him over her shoulder and jumping to a safe place on a strong tree branch. "Sōma, snap out of it!"

"Ugh...Sasumi?" Sōma shook his head to regain focus before looking at her stab wound. "Sasumi, your leg!"

"Shush!" Sasumi put a finger to her mouth before sighing. "I'll be fine, don't worry about it."

"Yeah sure, against someone like that." He pulled out bandages from his pouch and wrapped it around her leg. "This will do good for now." He noticed something at the corner of his eye and it widened. "Sasumi, DODGE!" She noticed what was coming as well, and both kids immediately moved out of the way.

Another huge snake came and attempted to strike.

Sasumi was breathing heavily from the tree, and the snake turned its head to her, causing her to sweat a bit. Suddenly, it shot up at her, making her scream before dodging and throwing a few shurikens at it.
Bullseye, she thought with a smirk as it stopped moving. The thing's dead.

"I can sense your fear...and desperation.." the creepy Grass ninja lady slithered to Sasumi, making her almost, almost, squeak and jump back. But before the lady could get any closer, a kunai was shot in front of her.

"First you throw me across this entire forest after epically exploding a snake, I get eaten by another snake, forcing me to do it again, and now you pick on my friends?! That's the last straw, maji!"

Sōma, who was closeby on another branch, smiled with hope in his eyes.

"Rizaki, you made it!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
1250 words

I totally wasn't half asleep while writing this.

Might have been...3-4am where I'm at when I did-?

But anyways. Yah. Take this beauty with no grains of salt.

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! <3