Chapter 14

Kezuka hadn't woken up yet, so once they got into the house, Kakashi asked to place her down on a mattress or something. Naruto was just begging to set Rizaki down somewhere, since she fell asleep and was having one hell of a grip on him. A woman, most likely the daughter of Tazuna, guided them to a room and prepared two mattresses.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kezuka's eyes, or really eye, started to open, the first thing she saw was her brother face-to-face with her.

"Sister," Kakashi greeted with a light chuckle.

"Hey," Kezuka replied back with a small giggle before rubbing her head. "Yeesh, I feel like I got whacked with a stick..."

"Hey, you're up!" Rizaki exclaimed, who was already sitting up in her spot talking to Naruto and Sasumi. "You were out longer than I was!"

"That's because she was exhausted due to her fatigue and you were exhausted for no reason," Sasumi retorted. Rizaki blushed in embarrassment and huffed.

"I was still exhausted though, right?! Besides, Naru's hair is a literal pillow." She pouted. Naruto curiously started feeling his own hair.

"Oh wow, it's actually pretty soft!" He stopped for a second. "Wait...EW IS THIS DROOL?!"

"Look, don't make me call you a hypocrite when you do the—"

"What happened?" Kezuka interrupted so she didn't have to hear more of the conversation, slowly trying to sit up.

"Don't move, you'll injure yourself more!" The daughter scolded. "Are you alright?"

"I've been better." The younger Hatake sighed. "It'll probably be a week before I can move normally."

"See? It's better if you don't move and just lay back down." She turned to Rizaki. "And I heard your ankle was injured. You should lay down too."

"Psh, I'm fine! It's just sore, that's all." She hopped off of the mattress. It was indeed sore. In fact, it was sore as hell. But it didn't stop her from walking around normally. "See?"

"Hm..alright, but be careful with that foot."

"Yes ma'am!"

Kezuka groaned and laid back down. "Right.."

"Look, Kezuka-sensei," Sakura started. "Your Sharingan is amazing and everything, but if it puts that much strain on you...maybe it's not worth it."

"Sorry, sorry...!" Yeesh, these kids...

"Well, you did take down one of the most powerful ninja assassins, so we'll be safe for a while," Tazuna said.

"Right, but you know that boy with the mask...what about him?" Sōma asked.

"He's from the elite tracking unit of the Village Hidden in the Mist," Kakashi answered. "Those masks are only worn by the most elite Shinobi."

"What exactly do they do?"

"The Anbu Black Ops, also known as the Inferno Squad, destroy all traces of the rogue ninja's corpse. The Shinobi's body contains many things; Ninjitsu, chakra, and special medicines used on his body. These are the secrets of his village. If his enemies find them, his people would be in grave danger." Kakashi stretched a little. "Take Kezuka for example..if she were to die at the hands of an enemy, they would most likely try to analyze her Sharingan. Worst case scenario, her entire Jutsu could be stolen and used against our home village.

"It is the sacred duty of the Shinobi trackers to prevent this, to keep the village secrets safe. If a ninja betrays his village, the trackers hunt them down, eliminate him, and obliterate every trace of his existence. That's their specialty." Kakashi put a hand up to his face. It seemed like he was losing focus.

"Uh..sensei?" Sōma questioned. Kezuka carefully sat up and tapped his arm.

"Kashi."

"Oh, yeah." The man focused again. "To finish it here, tracker ninjas deal with the ninja immediately, on the spot, so there's no room for error."

"Is it really that important?" Sakura asked.

"Think about it," Kezuka said. "Do you remember what the tracker did to Zabuza's body?"

"He picked him up and teleported him somewhere, maji." Rizaki had a dumbfounded look on her face. She didn't know where her sensei was getting at.

"Exactly, but why? He should have worked on Zabuza right there, right on the spot. Think of the weapons he used for the big takedown. Remember what they were?"

"Throwing needles..." Sasuke started, then eyes widened in realization. "No way!"

"Exactly. None of this adds up."

"What are you all yammering about?" Tazuna asked. "You demolished that assassin."

"Here's the truth," Kezuka said. "Zabuza is still alive."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
740 words

Omg Zabuza's still alive ghjfhkkf-

If I ever rewatch this anime I'm gonna do it in college or something, so I can relive the feelings of what happens and stuff :')

But like, now I'm gonna upload two more parts to make up for today XD

Stalk! Vote! Feedback! Comment! Yes, I did it backwards-!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! <3