Chapter 17

"Good morning everyone!" Sakura greeted with a yawn as she walked into the dining room. Tsunami handed her a plate.

"Here," she said with a gentle smile.

"Oh, thank you!"

"Naruto and Rizaki aren't here," Tazuna thought out loud, looking out his window. "Looks like they went for an all-nighter again."

"They've gone completely crazy!" The pinkette ranted with a scoff. "They're out climbing trees in the dark! They could be dead by now, you know, from using too much of their chakra."

"Sakura," Sōma scolded, rolling his eyes. He finished his breakfast already and had just put his dishes in the sink for sitting back down. "Don't go saying stuff like that, for the love of Kami; you know better. For all we know, you could be jinxing this!"

"I'm just throwing it out there!"

"Well I certainly hope they're doing okay," Tsunami said worriedly. "Children, spending the night in the woods alone..."

"You don't have to worry about them," Kezuka reassured. She was sitting on her mattress. "Naruto and Rizaki may act like crackheads, but they truly are full-fledged ninja. Besides, they can take care of themselves, especially if they're together."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The duo was out cold.

Not dead, no. They fell asleep due to exhaustion.

A boy was nearby. Really, he looked like a girl, and sounded a bit like one too. But despite those odds that wasn't the case. He was in the middle of picking herbs, a few birds landing on him and making him smile. He then heard the flapping of multiple birds and turned his head to the sound. It seemed nature noticed the duo sleeping soundly in the grass.

With a slightly curious look, he stood up with his herbs in a basket and walked over to the two, crouching in front of them.

I... the boy held both of his hands out towards their throats, as if he was about to choke them. I must... he was hesitating. After a moment, he gently grabbed their shoulders and shook them. "You'll catch a cold if you two keep sleeping here," he said softly.

Rizaki stirred a little bit before opening her eyes slowly and sitting up. "Ugh.." she groaned tiredly. "How long were we out?" She didn't even notice the mysterious boy as she shook Naruto's shoulder. "Naru, wake up—wait a minute." She shook her head for a second before looking at the boy in front of her. "U-Uh..." the poor child was beginning to stutter with a confused look on her face.

Naruto finally gained his consciousness and sat up, doing a little stretch. "Who're you?" He asked tiredly, his vision a little blurry. When the boy finally came into view the blonde's eyes widened and he blushed slightly. "Uh...d-did you wake us up, sis? I-I mean, what're you doing here?"

Rizaki deadpanned at him. Where the heck did he get sis from? She thought with a frown.

"I'm gathering medical herbs," the boy replied, sitting on his knees. Rizaki leaned back on her hands while Naruto picked out a herb, criss-crossing his legs.

"Huh, you have a lot to do in the morning then," Rizaki commented. The boy looked at her and nodded.

"Yes, but you too. What've you been doing in a place like this so early?"

"Training!" The duo chorused, which caused the stranger to give them a surprised look.

"Training?" He repeated.

"Yup!" Naruto confirmed. "I'm a ninja, dattebayo!" His best friend huffed at him.

"I'm a ninja too, you know! Don't leave me out to look impressive!"

"No kidding?" The boy asked rhetorically. "You two must be great, aren't you?" Naruto laughed, all flustered while Rizaki turned her head to the side with a bashful blush dusting her cheeks. "But why are you guys training?"

"'Cause we wanna get stronger!" Naruto replied with a grin.

"What for?" The boy questioned further.

"So we can become the best ninja in our village!" Rizaki answered.

"Is it for the sake of somebody? Or is it for your own sakes?"

"Huh?" The blonde and blunette questioned in unison, a now dumbfounded look on their faces. The dark-haired boy giggled.

"W-What's so funny, huh?!" Rizaki exclaimed, feeling unneeded embarrassment. The boy just smiled kindly.

"Do you have someone precious in your life?" Naruto and Rizaki looked at each other, seeming to think for a moment.

"Well uh...yeah, yeah sure," Naruto finally replied, looking away with a very, very faint blush. Of course it was the girl right next to him. I mean, how could it not be her, he thought. With everything we went through together? Not that I'd say that to her anyway, the teasing will be endless...

"What is it that you're trying to say?" Rizaki asked with a raised brow. The boy looked down, and the two now noticed a more serious look come to his face.

"When a person has someone precious they want to protect," he started. "That's when they truly become strong." The female Jinchūriki tilted her head to the side, though by the look she was giving him it seemed that she understood what he was saying. Naruto's pupils shrunk as he processed those words, before they regained size.

"Yeah!" He agreed with a cheerful smile. "I know that well, too!" Rizaki nodded as well, giving the same smile.

"You two'll get strong," the boy complimented. "I hope we meet again somewhere."

"You will!" Rizaki chirped with determined eyes. "And we'll be strong by that point, you'll see!"

"Can't wait." The boy stood up and turned his back towards them. "By the way...I'm a man." The duo's jaws dropped in absolute shock, though after a few moments Rizaki bursted out laughing and fell onto her side as he walked away with his basket of herbs.

"MAJI, AND YOU WERE BLUSHING AT HIM!!" She wheezed as she pointed to the blonde, who's shocked look never faded away. "HAHAHAHA! Y-YOU'RE SHOWING HIDDEN SIDES OF YOU, NARU!"

"It can't be!" Naruto exclaimed, almost in denial. "He's cuter than Sakura!" That just caused Rizaki to laugh even harder than before.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
1025 words

I don't exactly know what to say for this one sjsjskdk-

But ya know.
Is there much to say?
Lmfao-

But comment! Stalk! Feedback! Vote!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! <3