Chapter 73: After the storm comes the rainbow

"Oh, Shi-oot!" Yang bit back a curse as she dived-rolled to the side, dodging a concentrated beam of fire from one of Yamata no Orochi's heads.

"Hey, Rias! I know that we are perfectly safe here because of Sensei's barrier, but could you hurry it up!" Yang yelled as she before quickly throwing herself on her stomach to dodge a tail swipe from the massive dragon.

Out of the corner of her eyes, Yang saw a brief flash of steel and immediately recognized it as Gambol Shroud in its kusarigama form. Upon catching it, Yang was immediately pulled up into the air by Blake as the latter spun Yang for a few seconds, building up momentum before slinging back towards the dragon-like a bullet.

Seeing the rapidly approaching target, Yang pulled her right arm back and charged up her magical gauntlet. Five balls of flames came to life and lazily rotated around her right fist. She then threw her arm forward with the five orbs of flames shining brightly before detonating as her fist made contact with the dragon's scale.

*Bang!*

The resulting explosion knocked both Yang and the dragon's head away from each other. Yang looked down as the gauntlet-shaped series of magical runes forming around on her arm deactivated on its own after being overcharged by her previous attack. Clenching her fist, Yang reactivated her magical gauntlet and was pleased that it did without trouble.

Satisfied, Yang looked back towards the head she punched and felt immediately felt annoyed that the head was already half-way from being fully healed.

"Hey, Rias!" Yang shouted again.

"I'm almost done preparing!" Rias shouted back.

From her side, Rias' furrowed her brows in concentration as she formed another concentrated black orb and mentally positioned it beside eleven of the same identical black orbs that she made in the past fifteen minutes.

"Shinomiya-san, get ready to launch those bone spikes!" Rias shouted.

Hearing Rias' shout made Kaguya back off from the fight and went to fly above the Eight-headed dragon, getting her an unobstructed view of her target.

Bringing her hands forward Kaguya felt the skin of her palms break as multiple bone spikes emerged from her palms.

A lone woman hovering in front of a red moon.

Kaguya flinched from the sudden vision causing her to subconsciously release the bone spikes that she just prepared towards the dragon and her allies that are surrounding it.

Realized what she had just done, Kaguya shouted, "Everyone, move out of the way!"

Team Ruby, Akeno, Sona, and Tsubaki's eyes widened when they looked at Kaguya and saw the incoming bone spikes. They quickly moved out of the incoming hail of spikes and watched as the dragon's body parts quickly turned into stone.

A moment later a wave of blackish-red spears rained down from the sky and effortlessly pierced the petrified dragon. Rias' voice then rang above them, "Shinomiya-san, I only said ready the spikes not fire them! I wasn't ready!" Rias said as she landed beside Akeno.

"Sorry, I was just surprised by something." Came Kaguya's reply as the latter landed beside Hayasaka.

"That was a close one you two, Raven and I were almost hit by your attacks." Summer chastised as she and Raven jogged towards their King and Queen.

"Sorry." Rias sheepishly said.

"Brace yourselves, Kobayashi-sensei, Tohru-san, and Kanna-chan are about to launch their strongest attacks." Akeno suddenly said as she, Rias, Summer, and Raven looked at the skies just in time to see the Dragon Trio launch their attacks towards the petrified Yamata no Orochi.