Chapter 57: Pre-war preparation?

"Promotion: Knight!" Ruby said as she used both of her Semblance and promoted Evil pieces to drastically enhance her speed as she rushed towards Summer with her scythe ready at the side.

Even with her enhanced speed Ruby's attack was still parried by Summer who didn't look even bothered by her speed.

"You have to be faster than that, Ruby!" Raven yelled from the side as she and Yang watched the mother and daughter duo spar. "Before retiring, Summer back then is capable of dodging lightning bolts, and it seems that she's still capable of doing it."

"Wow, your training back then was that serious, huh?" Yang said in awe she watched Summer nimbly evade all of Ruby's attacks.

"You could say that..." Raven said with a cough, remembering their 'training' back then was all just a big prank war between Summer and herself during their time in the hunter's guild.

'Dodging flying paint cans at bullet speeds will definitely improve your reaction time. It hurt, but it worked, which Raven liked to think to herself as a copping mechanism.

She and Yang were then surprised when the petal trails from Ruby's Semblance slowly molded together to form a purely red Ruby, that is also holding a scythe of its own. The Ruby clone then jumped into the air, spinning rapidly as it descended towards Summer.

Summer shifted her footing, causing the Ruby clone's scythe to miss her by a few inches, burying the scythe a few inches deep on the ground. But before Summer could capitalized on the Ruby clone's opening, another scythe blade appeared in front of her, attempting to 'decapitate' her.

Backflipping the moment she saw the scythe blade, Summer noticed a faint rush of air pass by her face as the scythe harmlessly pass by her.

Landing back on the ground Summer prepared herself to defend against Ruby's clone, only to see a pile of rose petals in its place. She then noticed Ruby behind her panting in exhaustion.

"Can we take a break?" Her daughter asked.

"I take it that was the first you used that technique?" Summer asked, referring to Ruby's petal clone.

Getting an exhausted nod from Ruby, Summer allowed Ruby to take a break, as Summer is also a bit winded from the spar.

'Man, I'm already winded with just a few minutes of sparring... Back then I could go on longer than this while hunting monsters, I guess I'm still out of shape...' Summer thought to herself as she and Ruby went to Raven and Yang's spot.

"That was new, Rubes! I didn't know you could also make copies of yourself." Yang excitedly said as she tossed a water canteen at Ruby. She winced a second later when the canteen bounced off Ruby's face as the latter was too tired to catch the object.

"Thanks..."

"Yeah, no problem, Rubes..." Yang replied apologetically.

All four of them then turned their heads to see Rias, Akeno and Weiss having a conversation while walking towards their group.

"So, you are saying that there is a chance that my demonic energy could influence my Semblance, causing it to mutate and evolve, due to myself being reincarnating as a devil?" They heard Weiss ask.

Nodding, Rias replied. "Yes, demonic energy is a really unpredictable at times. But they usually benefits its owner when mutations like that occurs."

"Hey, Sis. Don't you think your Semblance mutated? We both know that you couldn't do that clone thing before." Yang said to Ruby.

Rias, Akeno and Weiss stopped their discussion after hearing Yang's words as Akeno asked.

"Oh, what's this with Ruby-san's Semblance mutating?"