Chapter 95: Defence of Tempest III

A few hours after the initial attack and the successful defense of Tempest. Y/n and his group met up with the other group leaders in the city.

Orcs and hobgoblins ran around carrying building materials, already getting started with the repairs.

Y/n idly watched as Benimaru demolished a beastman and a human who was protecting a robed women with green hair.

"I'll say this one last time. Step aside. That woman you two are protecting caused many to be harmed in the attack." Benimaru said calmy said, barely hiding his burning anger as he began to draw his sword.

The battered beast man growled as he addressed the man and the woman behind him, "Youm, get her out of here I'll buy you two some time." He said as he lowered his body a bit to prepare his last stand.

"Idiot! You're no match against him we need to work toge-" the man now named Youm argued only to be cut off by the beastman.

"Yeah and we'll still get killed either way! Hurry up and go! I can only spare you two a few minutes!" The beastman yelled back as he transformed into a silver werewolf.

"Benimaru-dono, please! Mjurran is innocent in this! She's being controlled by a Demon Lord!" The werewolf pleaded as his claws extened preparing himself for another and might be his final fight.

Benimaru didn't say anything as his other hand was engulfed in blue flames.

Y/n's head snapped up as a voice spoke.

"What is going on- Benimaru, stop!" Rimuru said as she ran into the scene.

Quickly sheathing his blade, Benimaru bowed his head to her, "Rimuru-sama."

"Somebody tell me what's going on." Rimuru said as she looked around the damaged buildings around her and was dreading to see the state of her people after dealing with this mess.

"We were attacked and Mjurran-san used a barrier of sorts to weaken us, making it harder for us to defend the city." Rigurd said, being present during the entire altercation between Benimaru and the three. He was careful with his words to not specifically mention that it was Humans that attacked them to not offend Rimuru. Remembering her parting words and hopeful face before she and Shizu left for Ingrassia.

Despite the fact that their city defended themselves against Human invasion before. Rigurd's leader remained optimistic about them, which still confuses him.

Rimuru turned her head to where she briefly saw Y/n and was about to ask him to help the city first, only to see an empty spot on where he was.

"Done." She heard his voice behind her to see Benimaru, Youm, the werewolf named Grucius and Mjurran all chained up.

"What the-!?" Benimaru blinked and saw Y/n standing next to him, he was about to shout at Y/n to release him, only for him to see Rimuru in the corner of his eyes shake her head.

"Cool your head, Benimaru. I don't know what is going on. Everything is a mess and I'm starting to get pissed off." Benimaru immediately went quiet when he noticed the bubbling anger in Rimuru's face and wisely sat still in his binds.

"Artoria and Shuuna made sure to treat the wounded and avoid deaths. Your only concern at the moment are the buildings. Right now, we only need to make sure that none of the attackers just hid themselves to attack the city again later when everything calmed down." Y/n said as he crouched tapped the ground with his finger.

With a soft hum leaving his lips, Y/n stood up, "The city's clear. But we got late comers near the camp of the attackers." Y/n said as he grabbed Rimuru by the shoulder before turning to Rigurd, "Get those prisoners I brought locked up tight. I already sealed their skills and magic." He said before turning to Rimuru. "Let's go."