Chapter 93: Defence of Tempest I

"Really? Again?" Emi's amused faced greeted Y/n after the latter told her the news of an incoming invasion in Tempest.

He sweatdropped at the lack of suprise on Emi's face when the latter asked. "So when are we leaving for Tempest?"

"In a few minutes. Tyuule and her regent are assembling the forces and will join us in Tempest's defence." Y/n said to her.

"Well, in that case we're leaving Kanna-chan, Gil-kun, Fujiwara-san and Deviluke-san." Emi said, turning to the two mentioned children who are currently locked in a game of jenga.

"Yeah. I'm not forcing everyone to come so we can just ask around." Y/n suggested, making Emi nod.

A few minutes later the group coming with them consisted of the big hitters like, Artoria, Toshinori, Serafall, Nana and Emi. They were told to be captains of a smaller group.

With Artoria's group came Rias and her peerage.

Toshinori with Souka, Rory, Aqua, Megumin and Gabiru.

Serafall with Sona, Tsubaki and Raven's students.

Nana is paired up with Neko, while Emi is paired with Tohru.

Kaguya and Hayasaka wanted to join but were told to stick close to Y/n, which made Kaguya nervous due to the man's tendency to drop himself in the middle of the crowd and act like he's in a mosh pit.

Hayasaka on the other hand looks just about to subconsciously activate her sacred gear with how excited she is. She did tried appear calm and collected but only managed to convince the two childeren that were focused on jenga.

"Sensei, can I join you?" Kotomi asked, making the others look at her worriedly.

"Eh, sure." Came Y/n's laidback reply.

"Red!" Majority of the assembled group rounded at him.

"What? She won't be in danger. Even if the other side have a nuke, they'll only irritate her eyes because it's too bright. I don'teven need to put the usual shielding spell on her like I put on you guys." Y/n argued.

He also added, "Besides, she's basically Ophis so the battle won't leave any side effects on her. She'll still be our cute Kotomi-chan."

This made Kotomi blush profusely, making Emi and Artoria sigh at Y/n. "Alright, but she's sticking with you." Emi said to him.

"Eh, sure. I don't mind." Y/n said to them, making Kotomi smile.

>>>>>

Shion snarled as she blocked another blow from a strong foe she's having trouble dealing with.

Everything was calm earlier in the morning when all of a sudden a type of weaking barrier covered the entire city, followed by a mass panic when several humans suddenly caused violence on the local populace. Shion, who was just enjoying the relaxing day earlier witnessed one of the humans attacking and killing some citizens of Tempest. She then immediately went to defend the locals that were trying to flee from the sudden violence.

"C'mon! That's all ya got!?" The attacker cockily said as he threw another punch at Shion which she could barely block.

Straining her muscles, Shion pushed her sword against her attacker to off-balance him a bit.

Her opponents brief stagger was enough for Shion was enough for her to deliver a kick to the man's midsection causing him to crash on one of the food stalls in the district.

"Tch, you bitch!" Shion's opponent spat as he stood back up and appeared to be relatively unharmed, save for his ruffled clothing after receiving Shion's powerful kick.