Chapter 28: The Test

"booming voice"
"speaking"
'thinking'
[] soul bond conversation
_________________________________

Swooosh!

Wind blew in the field as I stared at my opponent more particularly her red orange eyes. For a while we just stared at each other before my opponent finally decides to start the fight.

"Haaaahh!!!" My opponent let out a battle cry as she charged at me with clawed fingers. As she neared me I began to formulate her possible attacks patterns she's going to make so that I could counter her as well.

Before my opponent could reach me she suddenly grew dragonic wings on her back before flying into the air. While she was flying she kept rapidly changing her spot leaving afterimages in an attempt to confuse me with her flight patterns. While rapidly changing her location my opponent suddenly maneuver herself behind me while charging up her flames in split second before firing at my back.

Vwooom- Bzzzzzt!

She then fired her attack in a form of an incinerating beam. While her attack hit my body it did not hurt me in slightest but after she hit with her beam she began to do a sweep with it as well.

Bzzzzzt-BOOOM!!!

After her beam sweeped on the ground I'm standing on it detonated in a fiery explosion.

As I am being surrounded by the fiery inferno caused by my opponent's attack I stomped on the ground hard creating a shockwave that would snuff out the flames in an instant. As the flames disappeared I looked at my opponent only to see her missing before a clawed hand appeared on the side of my head and grabbing it in the process. My opponent then forced my head into the ground before she started dragging my head on it.

Of course, I let her pull off the 'grab and drag part' as I know that kind of attack won't affect me.

After dragging my body she then threw me across the field and followed it up with a fireblast.

Booom!

'Dang... That's kinda bit aggressive of her.' I thought as I stood up and dusted myself off. After that I then looked at my opponent as she's looking at me with a serious expression.

"You're going to fail to impress me with your training if you don't take this seriously Tohru." I said to my opponent making her eyes widen before she suddenly went to my position in a blink of an eye. The ground on where she stood up a moment ago exploded from the force she had put into her feet as she dashed towards me.

"For the date!" Tohru screemed as she swiped at me with her clawed hands to which I dodged. As I kept dodging her swipes I noticed that with every successfull dodge I make her swipes  gets more faster and harder

She then did a overhead swipe with both of her claws with an intent to obviously slash my face. I then did a small backstep to dodge her incoming attack which she turned into a summersault heel kick with her right foot after I dodged her twin swipe.

I then catched her axe kick by the heel for a counterattack, but before I could do so she did a backflip by using her left leg to kick my hand making it release my hold on her trapped right leg.

'Hmmm... she's minimizing her movements to reduce the delay of her attacks so that she could attack in rapid succession. That's good!' I thought in observation.

Right when Tohru landed from her backflip she immediately dashed towards to me caving the ground to where she landed at moment ago.

As she neared me she pulled her fist back before punching the air in front of her-

Pffving!

A magic circle appeared in the air where she punched as a huge fireball with the size of a car came out of the circle.

After punching the air she then quickly dashed around me rapidly punching the air while surrounding me with numerous magic circles that would fire an attack towards me.

Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!

Fireballs shot out of the magic circles facing me. I then waited for the incoming bombardment before all the fireball suddenly stopped mid-air, the fireballs then circled around me with each fireballs having a different directions of their own before randomly shooting towards me.

'This is new...' I thought while dodging the fireballs with ease. The fireballs after missing their target on the other hand, just went back to circling around me before shooting towards me again repeating the process.

"This is a pretty creative use of your powers Tohru..." I whispered while thinking of a cool way of breaking out of the fireball prison.

Hmmm... This could work!

Boom!

But before I could do my cool 'break out' I noticed that the fireballs that were circling around me were now gone I then looked at the caster and saw her pouting face as she complained "Mou! Red-sama is too strong! My new magic attack didn't even work!"

Hah?

Did she shoot the fireball all at once at me while I was thinking and because of it all of the fireballs disappeared.

Huh, that was anticlimactic...

Tohru then dashed towards me again intending to catch me off guard with all the smoke from the fireballs that hit me.

She then fired a huge blast of fire, probably bigger than anything that she fired during our entire weekend training. The fire hit me directly before going of in a huge explosion damaging the are I'm standing on as well.

As I looked around area affected by her attack I realized that the ground I'm standing on is now a fifteen meters wide seven meters deep giant crater.

"Impressive! That fireba-" my words were cut off as I looked at the one responsible for the damage in the area around me. I saw Tohru's eye's wide with her face beet red as kept muttering "Red-sama's clothes~ Hehehe~!" I looked down and noticed my shirt is now gone leaving me with just my pants and shoes.

'I guess she's better than that stray devil I punched last week. That guy's a highclass devil in power and Tohru here is probably around ultimate class, probably around Tannin's level.' I thought in observation while ignoring Tohru's reactions.

I guess I better prepare to ask her out tomorrow then...

"Alright next is Kanna!"
____________________________________

Chapter 28 END