Chapter 88: Advent of the Other Beings II

Well, this is what I asked for...

I looked across the tree line towards the fictional supernatural being, turned boss known as [Slender Man].

I may be responsible for this guy to be here in the game, but I didn't intentionally pick this guy himself. I remembered vaguely wishing for something interesting to happen and then-boom!

He's here in YGGDRASIL. Standing menacingly in the tree line.

"I suggest we retreat for now. I may be a tank, but our current party is only made for scouting purposes only." Bukuku-chan said with complete seriousness, gone was the high-pitched cutesy voice she usually makes and in place is a stern commanding tone.

"I'm down with that. Don't want to tangle with the tall weirdo over there without good info on its movesets. I may be brash, and I ain't no Takemikazuchi!" Yamaiko said.

Peroroncino looked uncomfortable, "He looks creepy. See those wiggling things on his back? I've seen enou-"

"Finish that sentence and you're going to be bait for our escape." Bukuku-chan growled, causing Peroroncino to 'Eep!'

"!" Yamaiko made a noise when the [Slender Man] suddenly warped in front  of er.

Not on my watch!

Gripping the boss' slender wrists, I pulled him towards me to meet my fist.

The boss was then sent rocketing towards the trees, knocking down several of them in the process while forming a long trench on the ground.

'Heh, one-shot. Wait-' The smirk died before it could even form in my face as I saw something strange.

I was confused when [Slender Man]'s HP bar did something weird as it turned from empty to full in a split second.

Wat?

I might be the only one that had noticed this as the others didn't said anything about it, but instead they started casting their skills', Bukuku-chan with her hate/aggro management game, Yamaiko with her party buffs, mostly defensive, while Peroroncino went with his go-to opener skill combo.

The end result was several flashes of light exploding in the distance towards where I sent the enemy flying.

I watched as the boss' HP decreased by a ten percent as Peroroncino's skill bombardment did its work. A decent amount of damage, given that the target is a boss and a wondering one at that.

But, all of that damage was wasted when the boss' HP went back to full, shocking everyone in my party.

"So not only this one is quick, but it has regen too!?" Peroroncino said in annoyance as he drew back another energy arrow.

I guess a regenerating boss is not a strange thing to them. I guess it isn't really surprising, given this guild usually fights more bosses in a month than your standard guild. It's one of the top guilds in the game for a reason.

With me being a guild member now, I will be exposed to more bosses than what I'm used too -which is fine, as guild raiding is starting to get old now.

I mean, ambushing people from the front in broad daylight is starting to get old now. I need something new and fun to do so I don't get bored with the game.

"Damn, the teleport runes are not working!" I heard Yamaiko say from the back, making Peroroncino curse.

"Oh, come on! It's a do-or-die boss too!? Did the Devs released that one while still in beta?" Peroroncino whined before snapping his aim to the left where he saw the boss move once again.