Chapter 69: The Storm's End I

"Eeeeeyyy."

I blinked at the sound that Yang made as she and Raven laughed about something. Looking around the table I'm currently in, everyone seems to be looking at the mother-daughter duo with tired eyes or facepalming, in Summer-san's case.

Uh... What did I miss?

"-See even Sensei's not laughing at your joke Yang and Ma doesn't count. She has the same sense of humor that you have." I heard Ruby say, causing Yang to turn to me in shock.

"I zoned out so I dunno what's going on." I said to Yang, causing the latter to sigh in relief before turning back to her sister.

"Sensei just didn't hear my joke, Rubes. That's why he's not laughing with me and ma-"

"Ma and I" Akeno automatically corrected before going back to her meal.

I ignored the others as I placed my focus on the two people quietly eating beside me, or more likely, staring at their food.

"Hey, it's alright." I said causing Kaguya and Hayasaka to both look at me. "I'm here and I won't be going away to go adventuring anytime soon without the both of you with me, alright?" I said, trying to reassure the two.

"I saw him." I heard Kaguya whisper. It wasn't just me who heard her but also everyone at the table heard her and turned towards her.

Saw him? Who is she talking about?

"Who did you saw Shinomiya?" I asked as everyone at the table listened.

"Susanoo. Susanoo no-Mikoto." Kaguya replied after a brief pause.

Susanoo? Like, the storm god of the Shinto pantheon?

"He's the one behind all of those kidnapping attempts on me." Kaguya said much to everyone's shock.

"Wait, he was that winged Youkai!? " Raven asked in shock.

"A-ah, wow. I can't believe we just took down a god." Ruby said with Yang wordlessly nodding in agreement beside her.

Kaguya shook her head, "No, that wasn't him. That man that took me earlier was just a servant of his. Susanoo is different, He has this overwhelming presence around him that I had trouble breathing when I was brought to his throne room."

"Kaguya-sama, did this god do something to you?" Hayasaka asked with a dangerous edge on her tone.

"It's okay, Hayasaka. Before that man could do anything, I was teleported back in the training basement by Sensei." Kaguya reassured her friend, who let out a relieved sigh.

"I thank you again for rescuing Kaguya-sama, Sensei." Hayasaka said.

"You're my students. It's only natural to look after both of your well-being, which I failed. To be honest, I really don't deserve your gratitude. For an all-powerful being like me, I still wasn't able to prevent either of you from getting hurt and kidnapped." I said as I lowered my head in shame.

If only I didn't go to the Special Region just to basically laze around.

"But Sensei, you healed me and got Kaguya-sama back. You don't have to apologize to us." Hayasaka said with a disturbed look on her face.

"But-" I tried to argue only for a small ice cube to hit my nose.

"Stop blaming yourself, Sensei. It doesn't suit you, it makes you look uncool." Yang said, flicking another ice cube towards me.

"So throwing ice at me help matters?" I asked.

"Yeah. Might, help bring back the cool you." She said with a smirk.