Chapter 56: A short break from battle

"Haven't seen him do that before..." Rias muttered to herself after witnessing the flashy defeat of the stubborn Raid Boss at the hands of Y/n.

"Yeah, I haven't seen Y/n-san use that on our training," Sona nodded in agreement.

"I could do better." Milim muttered to herself which only Rimuru heard.

"And Red-chan has a good reason for not using that ability of his on friendly spars," Serafall said getting a nod from Artoria.

"Sera-san is right," Artoria said, joining on the conversation. "You've seen how that ability of his easily defeated Charybdis, right? A powerful beast with an annoying durability like that was quickly defeated by Darling when he started using that ability, granted he could still easily defeat that beast even without resorting to that ability of his, but you get the point."

The people who frequently trains with Y/n shivered at the thought of themselves being erased from existence via death by rainbow.

"But still! That move was really cool, though! It's like seeing the end of a good anime fight!" Rias enthusiastically said, before frowning to herself. "Too bad I wasn't that strong yet to one-shot the enemy."

"Eh, whatever." Rias shrugged, earning her a sweatdrop from her peerage. "When I'm old enough to participate in rating games, we'll make sure to curb stomp the competition."

"Hoh? But how are you supposed to do that when you get taken out of the competition early, Rias?" Sona asked in a challenging tone.

"Wait... You're joining in as well!? I thought you and Tsubaki will be cheering on us!?" Rias countered with an obviously fake-surprised tone in her voice.

The two Kings then went back and forth, trying to one up the other in front of everyone.

'Hmmm... When was the last time did So-tan and Rias-chan had these kind of moments?' Serafall asked herself, outwardly cheering on the two younger girls on their rivalry exchange.

"So we have to fight Sitri-san and Shinra-san as well?" Ruby asked Akeno.

Nodding, Akeno replied. "Mhm~! Isn't exciting~!?"

Weiss and Blake scooted away from her.

"Wow, this kind of reminds me of Vytal Tournament!" Ruby enthusiastically said, missing her team's grimace at the mention of said tournament.

Summer noticed their reactions and mentally took note of it. 'Hmm... It seems that Ruby had a different outcome on her other version's Vytal Tournament.'

She was about to turn towards Raven to see if the latter noticed their daughters' team's reaction when-

"DAMN ITTTT!!!"

They all looked back up to the sky, specifically at Y/n, who seems to be frustrated at something.

"Oh, good! He remembered that I asked him keep that man alive..." Rimuru said with her eye twitching in irritation, already picturing the political fallout she'll have to deal with upon coming back to the village.

'Did you just had loyal my subordinate killed in cold-blood? Then this means war!'

Rimuru's eye twiched again, imagining the reaction of the Demon Lord Carrion towards Phobio's death.

Ugh, politics. What a pain!

A brief flash of light caught her attention as she turned her eyes to see Y/n, now back in his human form and is currently being bombarded with questions by the younger members of Rias' group.

"Y/n-san, that was sooo cool! The way you turned into a dragon and fought that giant flying blue thing, it was like watching a Kaiju battle similar to the movies!" Ruby said in rapid succession with the people around her barely keeping up with her words.