Chapter 60: Enter Neko!

*Shatter* a sound of a shattering glass echoed in front of the Otaku Club building as two combatants clashed with one of them being immediately pushed back.

Zastin reignited his laser sword again for the sixth time after being mysteriously 'shattered' by the strange red-haired man.

He stopped underestimating the man after having his laser sword shattered by him on their second clash.

'There's definately strange about this man. Being able to go toe to toe with a devilukean is no easy feat, especially on my calibre. And how is he able to shatter pure energy with just his bare hands!?' He thought as he resisted the urge to blink. A mistake that he nearly paid for, in a form of a crater five feet away from him.

'I've been trying to score a hit on him for the past few minutes, but everytime I try to exploit an opening, he always manages to dodge my blows at the last second.' Zastin thought in frustration.

Zastin tried to calm himself, else he makes another mistake-

His survival instincts suddenly blared as he was barely able to raise his blade to shield himself from a sudden attack. Sending him almost tumbling toward the ground after he tried to back away from Y/n, who is now suddenly right next to him.

He didn't gave his shattered sword a second glance as he reignited his blade once more and went for a counterattack.

Zastin was then surprised when the man just spund and let the edge of his sword harmlessly pass him, once again missing the red-haired man by a hair's breadth.

He wasn't able to retract his blade when the man chambered his leg and unleashed it on his torso, making Zastin use his dominant hand to hastily put up a guard.

Zastin let out a pained grunt as he was sent skidding back several meters away from his opponent. He was thankful that he manage to at least block the man's kick instead of taking it head on, as Zastin knew if had that kick directly connected with his torso then that's the end of the fight.

He grimaced when he noticed that the arm that he used to block the attack is now completely numb.

'Just from a single kick!? Damn, what a ridiculous amount of strength! He even managed to completely shatter the armor on my arm!' Zastin thought as he clenched his fist multiple times in an attempt to remove the numbness on his entire arm.

Briefly scanning their positions, Zastin frowned realizing that the red-haired man and himself are once again back in their starting positions.

'I can't even position myself near Lala-sama.' He thought before charging back at his opponent.

But before he could make a third step, he suddenly felt his face being grabbed before being slammed on the ground.

'What..?' Zastin thought, his mind still dazed and trying to catch up at what happened.

The grip on his face didn't loosen as he was once again slammed on the ground, putting black splotches at the corners of his vision.

He didn't remember what came next, only that he felt the rush of air behind him before darkness took over his consciousness.

____________________

Lala's POV

A-amazing... Red-san completely overpowered Zastin...

I stared at Red-san's back after the latter threw Zastin in the distance.

I looked down at the D-dial in my hand and turned it off.

Too bad I didn't get to field test Go-Go Vacuum-kun, but I'm pretty sure that there would be more opportunities for to test it out in the future, so I'm not that upset that I didn't get to test out my invention.