Chapter 85: Meeting the Sun Goddess

"Hey! No running in the hallways!" Kotegawa yelled as Rias, Gab and Sona ran past her, nearly knocking off the stack of papers she's holding.

"I'd rather ignore that than suffer Orimura-sensei's punishments for late students!" Rias yelled back in response as Gab, Sona and herself rounded off a corner, disappearing from Kotegawa's sight.

Kotegawa gritted her teeth in annoyance at the blatant disregard for the school rules.

"Let them be, Kotegawa-chan." Artoria said to her left while also holding a small stack of her own, she then went to balance the stack with her other hand to slid open the classroom door for Kotegawa to enter.

"But Sensei-!" Kotegawa tried to protest before noticing the smile on Artoria's face.

"They're going to be late anyways~!" Artoria said with a giggle as she guided Kotegawa inside.

"Hmph! Serves them right!" The black haired girl said with a huff, much to her homeroom teacher's amusement.

It has been a week since Kotomi was revealed to be Ophis, while nothing special went through the week except just last night when Serafall and Sona finally moved in to live in Emi's house. Because of this, Emi to threw a party for the newcomers with Tohru, Y/n and Blake making a buffet sized dinner for everyone that night. The party ended very late for everyone, but the others carried on and went over to YGGDRASIL, namely Rias, Gab, Sona, Yang and Y/n.

Because of this, the first three mentioned woke up very late for school prompting a mad dash to the school gates. Y/n who just closed the gates took pity on them and let them in with a warning and mentally laughing at the thought of Rias and Sona forgetting to use the clubroom's teleportation circle.

The first bell rang followed by the combined wails of Gab, Rias and Sona in the distance. This got a satisfied smirk from Kotegawa as she began handing in the papers she was carrying to class.

>>>>>

"Are you sure it's okay for you to come with me? Won't Nana look for you." Y/n asked.

"I said to her that I will accompany you on your trip today. She said it's okay." Neko replied, looking away from the impressive site in front of her.

Currently, the two stood in front of a massive wooden gate, located somewhere high in the clouds. Neko wasn't sure where they are currently due to Y/n teleporting her along with him and arriving directly in front of the massive gates in front of her.

"Alright, just stick close to me." Y/n said before kicking open the massive gates, resulting in a loud bang that echoed within the beautiful valley that was hiding behind the gates.

"Huh, they sure know where to put their home base." Y/n said as he observed the beautiful landscape before turning his eyes on the massive Japanese-style castle at the center, almost reminding him of the white castle in Himeji, which paled in comparison to the majesty in front of them.

A second after the gates were forcibly opened, hundreds of divine beings made their appearance and surrounded the intruding duo with their own personal weapons at the ready.

"Identify yourselves and why are you intruding the sacred lands of Takamagahara!" one of the divine beings yelled as he trailed his flaming bow and arrow at Y/n, ready to fire a city-wiping arrow at the moment's notice.

But beyond that, none of the armed guardians dared to make a move against the trespassing duo as they all could feel the overwhelming aura of the red-haired man that is being kept at bay.

Several visions of their gruesome deaths flashed before their eyes the longer they held their weapon against the intruders.

"I'm here to keep my word to your sun goddess." Y/n calmly replied, unfazed by the surrounding guardians.