Chapter 61: The First Official Hunt!

"Hmmm..."

I let out a humming sound as I watched the person sitting next to Irisviel-san's table diligently work on a pile paperwork placed next to her.

"You know... It's rude to stare L/n-kun."

I blinked at Irisviel-san's words as I took my eyes away from the person sitting next to her and asked the latter.

"I don't think-No, why did you make her your secretary?" I asked Irisviel-san.

"Hey, that's a lot ruder than staring, Nya! I'm sitting right here!" Kuroka complained as she looked up from her paperwork.

I turned my eyes back to her.

Even with a complete office secretary outfit I still find it hard to imagine Kuroka doing any kind of secretarial work, even if it's just to fetch some coffee.

[Well, I can see herself doing some other secretary things. Like, bending over the table or secretly giving some hea-]

'You know... if someone other than myself knows of your identity as the former leader of the Biblical pantheon and hears what you are saying right now? They might immediately conclude that they're high as fuck.' I mentally replied, cutting off Artoria's crazy but reeeaaally tempting ideas.

Don't judge me. I'm still a hot-blooded male after all!

I was taken out of my thoughts when Irisviel-san replied to my earlier question. "Well, I can't really have one of my Peerage members doing nothing right?" Irisviel-san said with a proud look on her face. Wait-

"What?" I said out loud, earning chuckles from the two women sitting in front of us.

"Meet the newest Rook of Iri-chan's Peerage, Nya!" Kuroka proudly said while still maintaining her professional look.

Probably seeing my confused look, Irisviel-san explained.

"In exchange for not giving Kuroka-chan a death sentence. She would be exiled to one of the territories that Devils have in the Human world, while being placed under direct supervision by the governor of said territory."

"And in my books, being under my direct supervision means that person is part of my Peerage! Additionally, they didn't say that I couldn't recruit her. " Irisviel-san said with a proud smile on her face.

"Ah, naruhudo! Loopholes!" Artoria said with a snap of her fingers.

"Anyway, enough about that." Irisviel-san said. "The reason why I called you both was because of this." She said turning her laptop(Which I didn't even notice that was there) towards us.

On the screen is a live news casting of... To be honest, I seriously don't know. It's something about politics and stuff, I think...

"-uring The Battle of Ginza, several eyewitnesses claim that they saw a man with red wings kill multiple invaders before the JSDF arrived on the scene. What can you say about this Kano-san?" A middle-aged female reporter asked the same man from the news that Chifuyu-san was watching earlier.

"No comment."

The screen then changed into a different scene.

"-Dragons? Monsters? Are we really alone in this world?"

The screen changed again.

"If monsters like that existed, even from a different realm. What are the possibilities that monsters like those exist in this world as well? Living among us Humans."

The screen then turned off, bringing our attention back to Irisviel-san, who spoke.

"Because of that battle, people are now starting to get suspicious of the Supernatural world's existence. It wouldn't be long before some fool from either side exposes the Supernatural side of the world to the normal humans."