Chapter 78: No Action? A Chill Episode Perhaps?

Crunch! Crunch! Crunch!

"It truly is a miracle..."

"Yeah... the kitchen hasn't exploded yet."

"Red-sama... cooking..."

"I'm so happy for Darling..."

My eyebrow twitched uncontrollably as I tried to ignore the four pairs of eyes peeking out of the doorway.

*Ding!*

A small timer with cute designs dinged beside me, prompting me to turn and go over to the cooktop and turned it off.

"Boiling crabs usually takes three to five minutes to finish if they're pre-cooked or twenty minutes if they're raw. When you get the hang of boiling crabs, you wouldn't need these." Tohru said as she picked up the small timer that she set for twenty minutes from the kitchen counter.

Still...

Of all the designs... she had to get a cuddly-looking bear timer for me?

'Munya!' I imagined the bear design 'roar' at me causing my eye to twitch for a second.

Calm down me that's Tohru's stuff.

Eh, whatever. At least I'm learning how to cook and that's all that matters.

After a few minutes of following Tohru's instructions to the latter, even the sketchy ones, like putting my hands on her hips to provide balance, I did them as well with little skepticism on my part.

Before I even noticed, Tohru and I finished cooking dinner and are now just cleaning up the kitchen. While cleaning, Tohru gave me some tips, like cutting some vegetables in a certain way to slightly influence the taste of the food, as well as the sequence of adding the ingredients into the pot.

No matter how basic it is I made sure to remember them.

Overall I learned a lot today and I can't wait to put what I learned from Tohru into practice when I cook by myself next time.

.

.

.

.

.

I hope they would let me cook.

____________________

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

With everyone now sitting by the table, Rias, Akeno, Artoria, and Emi, judgingly stared down at the mushroom and shrimp soup, sitting by the table.

"Oi, the soup's not colored violet and eerily bubbling. Eat up." I said to the four girls.

"I don't know, Red. Looks could be deceiving." Rias replied while not taking her eyes off the soup.

The other three nodded.

💢

"Look at Kanna, she seems fine to me." I said, pointing at the girl sitting right beside me, who is calmly eating her rice with salted salmon that Tohru taught me how to make.

"Kanna-chan eats everything, Red. I've seen her eat a live cicada before." Emi replied, causing her, Rias, Artoria, and Akeno to turn a little bit green at the thought of eating a live insect.

"Hey, don't be unfair to Red-sama!" Tohru said, coming to my defense.

"His cooking is now edible, compared to the last time he cooked, he did well under my supervision! Try them out! It's good!" Tohru said as she went back to digging into her plate.