Chapter 68: The Villainous Heroes II

Artoria let out a satisfied smile on her face, when her light coated fist collided with Cao Cao, although the man blocked it with the shaft of True Longinus, the latter was still sent hurtling towards the far wall of the training room.

She wasn't disappointed when her opponent quickly shot off the wall before a cloud of dust could even form from the impact his body made.

Her eyes easily followed through the boy's movements, now that she's gotten used to her opponent's tendency to suddenly accelerate in an attempt to catch people off-guard with the sudden change in speed.

That tactic was the only reason why the young spearman was able to score a hit on her, although a thin cut that healed afterward. After getting used to the boy's speed, the latter was never able to score another hit on her as she went on the offensive and pressured the man enough to forgo offense in order to survive against her attacks.

"What did you do!? How are you able to stop my Balance Breaker from activating?" Cao Cao asked in frustration.

"Where did you people take Shinomiya-san?" Artoria questioned back while ignoring his words.

Despite his disadvantageous situation, Cao Cao managed to put up a confident grin as he looked at Artoria smugly and answered, "Somewhere you wouldn't be able to reach without incurring the wrath of a god."

A smirk came to his face when he saw something rapidly approach his and Artoria's position.

{Boost!} {Boost!} {Boost!} {Boost!}

Artoria's eyes widened at the familiar sound behind her as Hayasaka shot past her and rocketed towards Cao Cao with her fist raised.

"GIVE US BACK KAGUYA-SAMA!!!" Hayasaka yelled as she threw her fist towards Cao Cao's face, who seems to be not particularly worried at the potentially lethal punch being a foot away from smashing his face in.

"Hayasaka-san-!" Artoria yelled out as she went to stop the girl's reckless charge towards the dangerous enemy.

*DON!*

Hayasaka's fist collided with the shaft of True Longinus. Hayasaka was surprised when Cao Cao managed to block her punch with just his spear and wasn't blown away like the floor behind him.

Hayasaka's eyes widened when Cao Cao shifted his spear and batted her extened arm to the side, off-balancing her and leaving her open for a counterattack. Hayasaka realized this and desperately willed her body to move, to put up a defensive stance but was too slow to recover. She could only watch as her opponent pull his spear back and prepares a thrust.

*BREAK!*

Hayasaka's dragon armor made a sound similar to a ceramic breaking to pieces when the Holy Spear easily pierced through her armor. Hayasaka couldn't stop herself from coughing up blood as she looked down to see the deadly spear currently embedded in her chest.

"HAYASAKA-SAN!" Artoria's horrified scream caused the Gremory group to snapped their heads towards her direction with eyes going wide as everyone watched Cao Cao pull out his spear from Hayasaka's chest and let the latter collapse on her knees.

The moment Hayasaka's knees made contact with the floor, her armor broke off into particles of light and everything descended into chaos.

""HAYASAKA-SAN!"" Everyone cried out but with moat of them being unable to assist due to their respective opponents not letting do so.

Seeing Hayasaka at the mercy of Cao Cao, Artoria fired an absurd number of light bullets at Cao Cao, who was about to finish off Hayasaka.

"Hmph!" Cao Cao grunted as he summoned a light barrier with his sacred gear, only for the barrier to shatter moments later when a bullet of light collided with it, forcing him physically use the True Longinus as a shield. Each bullet collided with the Strongest Sacred Gear with enough force to send Cao Cao back, separating him from Hayasaka.