History

August's POV (flashback):

"Mama stay in the car for me please." I begged Lira to stay in the car I was just trying to protect her but she refused to listen to me

"No I want my daughter now!" She pushed me out the way and started shooting all of the security guards not giving not even one of them the chance to call for help or defend themselves

I quickly ran up to her and grabbed her arm back.

"DEMETRIUS IS NOT LIKE THE REST!"

"YOU THINK I GIVE A SHIT?"

"OBVIOUSLY YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT BOUT OUR DAUGHTER!"

With that being said I was rewarded with a hard stinging slap to my face.

"Six months of me searching, not sleeping, not eating, NOT EVEN FUCKING BREATHING. Because my daughter wasn't home. I have done nothing but be patient and now that I am this close to finally bringing her home you want me to stay in a FUCKING CAR!?"

"TO PROTECT YOU!"

"Lira, if you or Liana dies or even gets hurt up there I will never be able to forgive myself because I love you both and I'll be damned if I let another blood of mine take the only family I have left... not again."

She put her hand on my face and rubbed my cheek softly. I kissed her soft hand and she pecked my lips.

"I got your back through whatever and you know that. Protect me and protect I'll protect you... till death do us part."

She grabbed my gun from underneath my belt and handed it to me.

End of flashback

Lira's POV: it's been four years since I've seen that little angry mug on his face and it's still as cute as ever.

"Get out." He spoke calmly

"I think I'd rather stay, you want me to stay right Shawn?" I looked at Shawn and he looked really nervous

"Boss please don't kill her imma huge fan and I-."

August pulled his gun out and aimed it at Shawn cocking it back. The sound caught his attention and he stiffened up.

"Hater." I coughed while making my way to his royal chair

"Bi-"

"Don't you ever in your life."

I looked back over my shoulder giving him a short knowing glance. His jaw clenched tightly as did the grip he had on his gun.

"Imma just go..." Shawn hurried out the room, shutting the door behind him

Sitting down in his chair, I kicked my feet up on his desk. When I looked at August I smiled innocently. He looks so fucking good in a suit especially with them grills in his mouth and the fact that he's running a mafia is a pantie dropper.

Wait what am I saying, keep it together Lira!

*POP*

The sound of the bullet leaving the gun caught my attention. He shot the bullet at the chair just barely missing my head. I didn't even flinch I just licked my lips at him.

"Forget to take our meds this morning Mr. Alsina?"

"Only you would try to get yourself killed, your first trip to Rome." He put his gun behind his back and walked up to me

"Remy would never let you lay a finger on me... but Lira on the other hand...."

I stood up in front of him and grabbed his hand trailing it down my body. Then leaned in and brushed my lips against his.