Forgive and Forget

Lira's POV:

"I'll be home by this afternoon Remy."

"Ma fille, must you stay that long?"

"The mafia is bigger than we thought. It'll take some time to take them down and you know that."

"I know but I don't trust August. I did a background check on him and nothing popped up."

"Remy why the hell would you do that?" I shouted into the phone

"To protect you ma fille."

"You don't do things like that without concerning me , you hear me?"

"But ma fille-."

"We will talk when I get home."

Before he could say anything I hung up the phone.

I need to hurry up and get home before he does anything stupid. Every time someone runs a bc on the head of the mafia. Word gets out faster than the speed of light. Conflict between us three is the last thing I need right now.

Letting out a much needed deep breath. I walked out of the closet and made my way to August's office. After our little incident last night I figured I should tell him why I left. I know it will hurt him more but I promised him I would put my pride to the side. For the sake of our love.

His door was open but I stood outside of it. He was too busy staring at his computer screen he didn't even notice me.

I took the time to just study his handsome face. It's crazy how if none of that stuff would've happened. We would've been a family but people like us never get happy endings.

"May I come in?" I asked, tapping on the door

His face shot up and he nodded his head at me.

Slowly, I walked behind his chair and started massaging his shoulders. I couldn't help myself around him I just had to kiss on his neck. He smells so good.

"You smell good." I spoke seductively in his ear

"If that's what you came here to do you can shut my door on your way out." He knocked my hands off his shoulders

Not once taking his eyes off the computer. Glancing over I saw a message pop up informing him about what Remy had done. His jaw clenched but then unclenched when a brief chuckle left his lips.

"Don't worry about it, just a silly mistake."

I sighed in relief and walked around him before hopping on his desk.

"We need to talk August."

"Is it about business?" He wouldn't even look at me he just continued to stare at his computer

"No."

"Wanna tell me why your baguette loving fucker is checking me?" He smirked

"Nope."

"Then get out."

I know I fucked up but one thing he won't do is talk to me out the side of his neck. Cuz I'm not the one.

To grab his attention I shut his lap top screen and gave him an evil glare. His eyes met mine returning the same one.

God how did he get here?

"I just want to talk, I don't wanna argue so please don't piss me off."

"You ain't pissin nobody off but yo damn self!" He shouted

"August please.... you know we need to talk." I looked at him with pleading eyes

"AFTER FOUR FUCKING YEARS YOU WANNA TALK?"