Truth Behold

August's POV: I came home just in time for dinner. I got my aunt to sign the contract and once my baby is born I'm gonna start paying her five hundred grand a month to take care of my child and allow me to see him or her once a month.

It took a lot of convincing and after several of her speeches. She had finally agreed, that is without her knowing what I'm gonna have to do to her.

When I walked into the room Lira had just came out her closet looking more beautiful than she did this morning.

"Wow... you so fucking sexy beautiful." I just stood there staring at her. That pregnancy glow sure is something

"Baby stop it, you know you make me nervous

"Baby stop it, you know you make me nervous."

She came up to me and pecked my lips. When she pulled away I grabbed her neck and kissed her deeply. She wrapped her arms around my neck and my hands slithered around her waist.

We kissed for a while and when she pulled away she searched my eyes like she was looking for something. The look of concern now flooding her pupils.

"You didn't sleep last night?"

"Yea mama I did."

She looked into my soul long and hard and before I knew it she snatched my gun from underneath my belt and pressed it against my chin. A deadly glare appeared in her eyes and I knew if I were to tell another bullshit lie I'd be dead.

"When I ask you a question, you answer it honestly. So I ask again... did you sleep last night?"

Damn we really are a switch couple...

"No babygirl... I didn't."

"August what's going on with you?" She sighed and put my gun back.

"I'm fine baby I promise, I was just making sure you were okay."

"August no-"

"Babygirl I said I'm fine."

I assured her, grabbing her waist I pulled her closer to me and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Say you swear on our marriage, that nothing else is going on outside of our relationship and you don't have a problem with me needing time to contemplate about our baby."

I bit down on my lip really not wanting to swear on something so valuable to me but I couldn't risk her finding out about my plan.

"I swear on everything I love..."

"Okay... I trust you."

That hurt me even more. I hate lying to her, I really do.

I slightly smiled and kissed her. She grabbed my hand and we walked downstairs to the dining room where the help had already cooked us food and Shawn, Brielle, Boogie, Zayne and Mylie were all waiting for us.

Lira's POV: We we're sitting down at the dinner table making small talk and laughing. I was there physically but I still kept getting that feeling from August.

He's keeping something from me, I can feel it.

"You alright mama?" He placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed it

"Yea baby, I'm fine..."

He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted when Zayne cut him off.

"Boss we need to go now!" He shouted

"What's the matter?"

"Gabriel's son, just attacked one of your docks full of moonshine here in Rome. If we leave now we'll be able to catch him before he leaves the country."

August quickly got up and so did the rest of the men.

"Baby you just got here, don't leave me please." I really didn't want him to go.

"Babygirl, I'll be back in a few hours."

"Then let me come with you."

He glared at me and I crossed my arms and pouted. Besides the morning sickness, this is the one thing I hate about being pregnant.

"I'll bring you back some pretzels and honey." He smiled then pecked my lips

"I miss you..."

"Babygirl I'm coming back, I love you."

Shawn threw him his gun and August cocked it back in the most sexiest way possible. He saw the way I was looking at him and smirked.

"You're too spoiled but I'll think about it." He winked

"Please do it, daddy Boogie needs a new Bugatti."

I rolled my eyes and told him I loved him back. He kissed my cheek and quickly walked out.

Once they left it was just me and Brielle left.

I sighed and looked over at Brielle that had an evil smirk on her face.

"What are you thinking about?" I chuckled

"I know exactly how to get them home faster."

Before I could say anything she grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs.