Not So Secret Spies

Remy's POV: I need to figure out a way to get rid of August and fast before Lira decides to cancel our wedding. If I don't marry her than I can't take over her mafia and combine ours. If I don't then my father will kill me for destroying his legacy.

Currently, I was sitting in the chair in front of the desk in my fathers office. The only man I have ever answered to in my life. Don't get me wrong he have an ok bond but sometimes it can be a bit... shitty.

I watched him with my hand tucked underneath my chin as he walked over and handed me a drink before sitting down in his chair.

"How's everything going son?" He glared at me as he took a small sip from his liquor

"Fine papa I-"

"If everything is fine, why is your so called fiancé sleeping at our enemies house!"

As usual he wasted no time getting straight to business.

"Look I have everything under control she's only there as a spy."

He looked at me long and hard before chuckling evilly. I watched as he reached underneath his desk and pulled out pictures. He laid them out across the desk and it was all pictures of Lira and August together. One of them really caught my attention where his hands where squeezing her ass and they were kissing, they looked so in love...

My blood started boiling and my adrenaline rushed through my skin. I could smoke coming out of my fucking ears. But I needed to keep calm. Lira knows better she's not stupid. In fact she's very smart she would know if someone was watching her. But if she did why the hell would she do all this?

"How the hell did you get that!?"

"Don't raise your voice at me, when I'm the one protecting you!"

I took a deep breath and chugged down the rest of my bourbon. The burning sensation caused me to clear my throat before I continued to ask my questions. By all means I deserve an answer.

"Papa just tell me how you got that."

"While you were busy trying to get that powerful whore to fall in love with you. I sent one of my men to spy on her."

"I'm sure it was all just for show, she's just buttering him up. Lira Galore is too-"

Before I knew it he stood up and sent his fist crashing down the side of my jaw making blood fly out my mouth. I grunted, moving my jaw around to remove some of the pressure and pain I was feeling. Trying my best to keep my cool and out his ass in a fucking hospital.

"I DIDN'T RAISE YOU TO BE THIS FUCKING STUPID!"

"Papa-"

"IF I HAVE TO MURDER MY OWN SON TO PROTECT MY MAFIA FROM A MAKAK (monkey)...." he stopped and sighed

I looked at him in shock and disbelief. My father always did put business first but I'd never thought I'd hear him actually say it.

"Alors, qu'il en soit." (Then so be it)

Wow... he said it. I shook my head and scoffed. His face instantly screamed regret but it was already too late to take it back.

"D'accord, si ça veut dire que beaucoup de choses pour toi, sa mafia sera entre vos mains dès que possible." (Fine, if it means that much to you, her mafia will be in your hands as soon as possible)

I got up out of my seat, getting ready to walk out. Not being able to stand in such a toxic room anymore.

"Remy wait-"

"Papa, you don't have to explain yourself... I understand."

With that being said I walked out with his eyes burning a whole into my back.