Options

August's POV: I paced back and fourth the hallway worrying about Lira. I hated that I didn't know what was wrong with her and the fact that she was lying to me made it worst.

I banged my fist into the wall punching a whole into it. Aggravated was not even the best way to describe how I was feeling. I seen Boogie walking down the hall way but once he seen my fist in the wall he turned right back around.

"Not today Satan!" He shouted

I rolled my eyes and removed my fist from the wall. Why won't she just be honest with me?

Sooner than later Cassidy and Sharrel had opened the door. Before they could even say anything to me I stormed past them and went straight into the room.

Lira was sitting down on the bed with something in her hand but I hadn't made out what it was. I quickly pulled her into a tight hug and pulled her across me so that she could straddle me as we sat on the bed.

She hugged me back tighter and I just held her in my arms tightly letting her sob a little. After a while I lifted her head and wiped her tears. I kissed her lips softly and I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders when she kissed me back.

"Mama what's wrong? I missed you baby, why did you shut me out? Did I do something wrong?"

"No baby..."

"Then what is it? You want more guns and knives? You wanna blow up a building or torture someone? What is-"

"I'm pregnant" She blurted out

"Wait what?"

Again she catches a nigga off guard.

She lifted her hand and showed me the pregnancy test that read positive. I skimmed through it a good five times. No way this is true...

"Mama this is great!" I shouted in excitement and pulled her in for a hug

"Yea it is..."

She said that so bluntly. Obviously something was wrong.

"But you're not happy about it... what's going on?"

"I have something to tell you..."

The look of guilt filled her eyes and I kind of feared the news she was about to tell me...

"When Remy and I came to Rome I went back on birth control because I knew even if we didn't get back together that me and you would have at least slipped up once. I wasn't on it while I was with Remy before because I wasn't having sex with him. I had lied and told him I wanted to be celibate but really I didn't want any other man inside of me but you."

She's always been a good girl. Nice to know I have her stuck on me and me only. Wait- she was on birth control and I didn't know!?

"Lira why didn't you tell me you were on that!?"

"Because I-"

"Were you just gonna keep takin it without tellin me!?"

"I'm scared August!" She shouted

"Babygirl..."

I knew exactly what she was talking about. I sighed and kissed her forehead softly. I lifted her up and carried her all the way downstairs to our gun range. I opened the door behind the extra clips. It was a secret office I had just in case of emergencies.

"What's this?" She looked around at everything

"It's just an emergency room, nothing special."

I sat her down on the table and walked over to my desk. I reached inside of the drawer and grabbed what I needed to get before walking back over to her. I stepped in between her legs and connected our lips together.

"I'd die ten times over before I let anything happen to you or our baby. Lira we have been through to much together for you to still be scared of what happened in the past. I know that you're scared of bringing something so innocent into a world full of crime but would anyone on this earth dare touch something so precious that belongs to me and you?"

"But if that's not enough to change your mind about how good of a mother you were and will be then here..."

Lira's POV: I still don't know what to do but I am glad that he understands why I'm so scared. I hate the fact that Demetrius put this amount of fear in my heart but I just can't get it out myself.

He lifted his fist and opened it. When I looked down they were tracking chips.

"What are these for?"

"They're tracking chips for me, you and however many kids we want. Not only do they track but we can always monitor their heart beat and important stuff like that. And if you want we can whip up something in the lab and give them the same abilities we have..."

I looked up at him speechless because I had no idea what to say. How and when did he think of all this?

"I'll be damned if let anything happen to my babies ever again... so what do you say?"

This was a lot for me to taken. I just couldn't focus, I have too many things going on right now. I'm not a good person , I'm not safe. Even with all these gadgets something can still go wrong. I don't know if I can handle all of this.

"I-...I can't do this right now."

I hopped off the table but he still had me trapped in his grasp.

"Stop running from your fears and remember who you are Lira."

When I looked up at him, I just broke down in tears.

"What am I gonna do August?" He held me tightly as I sobbed into his chest

"I won't sit up here and act like I'm okay with you getting an abortion because I'm not but if it means that much to you adoption is always an option."

"A-are you serious?"

"If that's what you want babygirl..."

He lifted my head and pushed my hair behind my ear.

"I just need some time to think about this."

He nodded his head and pecked my lips softly.

"August?"

"Yes beautiful..."

"Thank you... I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You don't have to thank me for what I'm supposed to do babygirl."

I slightly smiled and rose up on my tip toes so that I could kiss him. I kissed him slowly with love because I love him with all my heart. I'd be so lost if I didn't have him so myself right now.