When He Messages You at School

(Okay, I know I said I only update on Fridays, but I couldn’t resist posting an update in honor of February 15, Fandomapocalypse Day! If you don’t know what Fandomapocalypse Day is, you write the word “Fandomapocalypse” on your left arm in green ink if you belong to any fandom, and if you see someone else with “Fandomapocalypse” on their arm, give them a hug, no matter what fandom they’re from. After all, all fandoms should be united for one day out of the year. (And if nothing else, you all get a free early update out of it, right?)

Happy Fandomapocalypse Day, guys!

And one more thing: I completely forgot to mention this earlier, but (sadly) I don’t own Ninjago. Just had to get that out of the way.)

       You and Givemecandy have really hit it off. You both love comic books and candy, and you both enjoy a good prank—as long as the joke’s not on you. You chat with each other every day. You wish you didn’t have to go to school so you’d have more time to chat.

You’re sitting in English class, wondering how you’re supposed to write a two page essay on Pride and Prejudice, when someone’s phone starts playing a loud message alert. Then you realize that it’s your phone—you forgot to turn the ringer off this morning.

You quickly feel around in your backpack and turn your phone off, but your teacher is on the warpath. She gives detention to anyone she catches with a cell phone, so you’re about to be in trouble. Fortunately for you, at that moment, another kid’s cell phone rings, and your teacher gives him a detention instead.

You wait a few minutes, then raise your hand and ask to use the bathroom. When your teacher says yes, you sprint down the hall to the bathroom and lock yourself in a stall. Then you pull your phone out and check to see who messaged you.

Givemecandy: Hey, what’s up?

Y/u: What do you think you’re doing?

Givemecandy: I’m bored, so I decided to message you.

Y/u: OK, I’m flattered, but could you not message me during school? You almost got me detention!

Givemecandy: Whoops. Sorry, I don’t go to school.

Y/u: You don’t? Lucky. What do you do all day?

Givemecandy: Prank people. Eat candy. Read comics. Be bored.

Y/u: I’m jealous.

Givemecandy: Have you read the latest issue of Starfarer?

Y/u: NO! Don’t spoil it! I haven’t been able to get to Doomsday Comics and buy a copy yet!

Givemecandy: Wait, you live in Ninjago City?

Y/u: Not really, but pretty close.

Givemecandy: So do I!

Y/u: Can we talk about this later? I asked to use the bathroom so I could talk to you, and if I don’t get back to class, I’ll have my own personal doomsday!

Givemecandy: Rats. Well, talk to ya later.

Your teacher gives you a suspicious look as you walk back into class, but you’re in the clear. You sit back down and try to focus on your essay, but you can’t concentrate at all. Your online chat partner lives in the same city as you! You wonder who he could be. 

(I know, it's really short. The next one will be longer, I promise, with a cherry on top.)