Early-Morning Shenanigans

(Merry Christmas, everybody!)

"What are you doing up this early?" Lloyd asks you.

You look up at him, then down at the comic book in your hands. "Early? Don't you mean late?"

"No, I mean early. It's four in the morning, y/n. Wait." Lloyd frowns as something occurs to him. "Were you up all night, y/n?"

"Um, no?" you say innocently.

Lloyd laughs and sits down next to you. "But seriously, what were you doing?"

"Well, I was reading these comics I found in my closet," you explain. "At first I was just curious, but the first one was so good, I couldn't stop!"

"You used to be completely addicted to these," Lloyd says with a grin. "It's how we met in real life, actually. We were both in Doomsday Comics-"

"-And we ended up fighting over the latest issue!" you finish with a laugh. "I remember that now."

"And then a certain gentleman agreed to let you read it first," Lloyd finishes.

You look at him and frown. "What gentleman was that? Because it certainly wasn't you. I'm kidding!" you add when Lloyd opens his mouth.

Lloyd sighs. "Good grief. You had me worried for a second. By the way, what issue are you on?"

You hold up the comic you're reading. "It's the one where Fritz Donnegan gets captured by the Imperial Sludge."

"You won't believe how he escapes," Lloyd says. "You see, he-"

You drop the comic and cover your ears. "No spoilers!"

"Okay." Lloyd picks up the comic and walks over to the door. "I guess you won't need this, then."

"Lloyd, you doofus," you laugh. "Come back here!"

"No way!" Lloyd yells back.

"I said come back here!" you repeat, sprinting after him.

Lloyd flips open the front page of the comic as he runs down the stairs. "Okay, on this page-"

"Lloyd Garmadon!" you yell between giggles. "Don't you dare!"

"I'll stop if you catch me!" Lloyd calls back.

You hop into the shadow cast by a nearby lamp and find yourself popping out of another shadow that's right on front of Lloyd. "Ha!" you say, spreading your arms to stop him.

Lloyd skids to a stop so fast, he almost falls over. "Y/n, what did you just do?"

"Well, I, uh...I wasn't really thinking about it." you protest weakly.

"Can you do it again?" Lloyd asks.

"I...think so." You hop back into the shadow you came out of and end up back where you started. "Yes! I can!"

Lloyd looks at you, then turns around and checks the spot in front of him again. "Cool!"

You hold out a hand. "Okay, I caught you. Do I get the book back now?"

Lloyd looks at you, and then at the book in his hand. "Um...no."

You stare at Lloyd. Lloyd takes a step back, then takes off running again.

"Come back here!" you yell, charging after him. "Come back here!"