You Get Captured {Part IV}

A few hours pass. The evil ninja rotate in and out of the cave, but one of them is always standing guard. You pace nervously. Evil Lloyd's 'delivery' is almost certainly a ransom demand, so you have to get out of here before he gets back.

Right on cue, Evil Lloyd walks into the room. "I'm back!"

"Did you get-" Evil Kai begins.

Evil Lloyd rolls his eyes. "Of course I did."

"Did he get what?" you demand.

"He's talking about me," a familiar voice replies. The air seems to shimmer for a moment, like a heat wave over hot pavement, and then someone who was completely invisible a moment ago appears in front of you.

You've been friends for years. You used to start food fights in the school cafeteria together. You've spent countless hours talking and laughing together on the phone. You know everything about each other.

You never could have imagined that b/f/n would betray you.

"B/f/n, why?" you ask, tears filling your eyes.

"Why?" b/f/n demands. "Why? You know why!"

"Well, enlighten me," you snap, trying to keep your voice from trembling.

B/f/n folds her arms and glares at you. "You don't even know how lucky you are. Everything always works out for you. First you get the best dad in the world. Then you get the green ninja for your boyfriend. Even this-" she gestures at your cell "-it's about you. It's always been about you, y/n."

B/f/n paces back and forth as she continues, "Put yourself in my shoes. Always left out. Always the third wheel. And then, someone shows up in my life, someone who actually cares. And he tells me that I can do something special, something you can't do. Wouldn't you have helped them, too?"

"Why didn't you say anything?" you demand. "If I'd known you felt that way, I could have done something."

Evil Kai sprints into the room. "The ninja are here!" he pants. There's a short scuffle as the other evil ninja all try to be the first one out the door.

"Remember the plan!" Evil Zane shouts over the ruckus.

B/f/n turns toward the door, then glances back over her shoulder at you. "Too late," she says quietly.

Then she vanishes.

(I know.

You hate me.

Moving on...)

Lloyd's POV

I circle over the Dark Island before landing my Golden Dragon on the beach. Behind me, the others clamber off of the Ultra Dragon.

"Keep an eye out, guys," Cole warns. "Don't forget y/n's warning-it's probably a trap."

"Trap or not, whoever took y/n is gonna pay," I say. I make a ball of green energy and keep it ready in case of trouble.

Kai puts a hand on my arm. "We'll get her back, Lloyd. Don't you worry."

Cole nods. "Spread out and search for where y/n might be. If you see any sign of trouble, yell."

We all split up and set off into the jungle. It isn't long before I lose sight if the others. I search for a few minutes without finding anything. I'm thinking about climbing a tree to get a better view when I hear rustling from some nearby bushes. I make a ball of energy, but before I can use it, b/f/n scrambles into the open and holds her hands up protectively.

"B/f/n?" I ask. "What are you doing here? Where's y/n? Are you okay? What happened?"

B/f/n slowly lowers her hands. "Shh! They'll hear you!"

"Who?"

"The guys who kidnapped me. This way!" b/f/n grabs my hand and drags me through the jungle. "They kept us in a cell at the bottom of this huge pit. Y/n's still down there. I was lucky to get away."

My mind is racing. Huge pit? That must be the mine the Stone Warriors used to harvest Dark Matter for Garmatron. I need to get y/n out of there, pronto.

"How much further is it?" I ask.

"Not important," b/f/n says. It sounds like she's right next to me, but when I look, I can't see her.

"Wha-" I start, but then something trips me and pins me to the ground.

"Where you're going, it won't matter," B/f/n says coldly.