Somebody Finally Tells You What's Going On

You spin around to see who's behind you, then break into a huge grin when you realize who it is.

"R/g/n?" you ask. "No way!"

"Y/n?" R/g/n asks. "Long time, no see! What are you doing here?"

"Better question, what are you doing here?" Jay demands, looking surprised.

R/g/n responds by picking up one of the pillows on the couch and hitting Jay in the face with it. "I'm Cole's girlfriend. Why wouldn't I be here?"

"But I thought you two—" Lloyd begins, but he stops talking when r/g/n raises the pillow threateningly. "Never mind."

"Okay, wait," you say. "If you and Cole are together, how come you ran away from him in the mall?"

R/g/n hits you in the shoulder with her pillow, then explains, "We were kind of broken up at the time."

"But we're back together now," Cole says, putting an arm around r/g/n's shoulders. The two of them share a romantic smile.

You cough quietly. "Okay, that's nice, but back to what I was asking," you say, glaring around at the rest of the ninja.

"What's that?" r/g/n asks. The ninja groan, and she holds up the pillow again. Kai and Jay both duck, and Cole takes a few steps back so he's out of swatting range.

"They're not telling me things," you pout, folding your arms and tapping your foot. R/g/n immediately bursts out laughing.

"What?" you demand. You can feel your face getting red from embarrassment.

R/g/n laughs for a few more seconds before explaining, "You, y/n, are too adorable to be scary."

Your face gets even redder as the ninja, with the exception of Lloyd, join in on the laughter. R/g/n hits Zane and Kai with her pillow to make them stop. Jay only escapes by ducking behind the couch.

"Okay, then." R/g/n says. "What gives? What are you guys not telling my friend?" You glance at r/g/n, surprised. Sure, you like what you've seen of her so far, but you aren't exactly ready to call her a friend yet.

Cole pokes r/g/n's shoulder and whispers something in her ear. R/g/n looks surprised, then annoyed, but finally she nods slowly. "I see."

R/g/n studies the four ninja seated around the room. "I'm going into the kitchen to make a cake while you guys stay here and answer y/n's questions," she announces. Then she turns to you and adds, "If they won't tell you stuff, just yell, and I'll sort them out." The way she's holding the pillow makes it easy to guess what she means by 'sorting them out.'

"Uh, okay. Thanks," you say, feeling awkward. R/g/n winks at you, swats Jay again with her pillow, then heads toward the kitchen, with Cole right behind her.

Once r/g/n is out of sight, you turn to the rest of the ninja and fold your arms. "Okay, you guys heard her. What's up? Spill the beans."

"Well," Lloyd finally says, "it goes something like this..."