You Fail at Being Intimidating

(Hello! Yes, as promised, I am back! Happy reading, Wattpadians!)

With all the training and practice and preparing that's been going on, the ninja have conveniently managed to avoid telling you what happened to make you lose your memory in the first place. So far they've managed to change the subject every time you bring it up, and you're done being kept in the dark. Cole's out doing something or other, but everyone else is here, which makes it the perfect time to get some answers.

You walk into the living room, where the ninja are sitting and talking. "So, I was wondering," you announce.

"Wondering what?" Lloyd asks.

"Wondering what you guys aren't telling me," you say.

The ninja all look at you for a second, then look at the walls or floor and start mumbling vague answers.

"Okay, seriously, what's going on?" you demand. "I'm not an idiot; I've noticed how you guys look away and change the subject every time I bring this up. What gives?"

"Well...uh..." Kai says.

You glare at Zane. He's the nice one. He'll tell you. "Well?"

Zane stares back at you. You wish you were better at being intimidating. There's no way you're going to scare anybody in this room into telling you what you want to know at this rate. The silence in the room stretches out for an uncomfortably long time.

"Senseitoldusnottotellyou!" Jay finally bursts out.

"Jay!" Zane scolds.

"Sorry," Jay mumbles. "I wasn't thinking."

Kai sighs. "Seems to be his usual problem. But yeah, Sensei specifically asked us not to mention anything about why you lost your memory."

You fold your arms. "And why did he do that?"

"I don't know," Kai says with a shrug. "But I'm sure he's got a good reason."

"Has it occurred to you," you say slowly, "that Sensei Wu is not always right?"

"Yes, but-"

"I think we should tell her, guys," Lloyd says.

Zane stops mid-sentence. "What?"

"I think we should tell y/n what happened," Lloyd repeats. "She deserves to know."

"I don't-but-Lloyd!" Jay protests. "You know what Sensei said! He said y/n needed to remember on her own and not to mention anything about the evil ninja or-oops!" He clamps his hands over his mouth. "I didn't say anything! You heard nothing!"

Nope, you definitely heard something. "Evil ninja? What evil ninja?"

"Nothing!" Jay repeats, his voice coming out high and squeaky.

You fold your arms. "Jay..."

Jay looks at Kai and makes a 'help' gesture.

Kai sighs at Jay and turns to you. "We're not telling you and that's final."

"Telling her what?" someone asks from behind you.