Reunion

When you step out into the courtyard, you're surprised to see C/g/n surrounded by the ninja. It takes you a second to realize that these are the real ninja, and the evil ninja are lying, unconscious, on the ground. Of course they are. You should know by now not to doubt C/g/n, you think to yourself.

As you get closer to the rest of the ninja, you can hear bits of their conversation.

"Speaking of safe, where's y/n?" Lloyd asks nervously.

You teleport out of the shadows behind him and call, "Over here!" When Lloyd turns around and spots you, you wave.

"Y/n!" Lloyd sprints toward you, with Kai, Zane, Jay, and Nya trailing behind, and wraps you in a huge hug. "There you are! It's so good to see you!"

"Ow," you squeak as his hug practically crushes the air out of your lungs. "Hi."

Lloyd puts his hands on your shoulders and holds you at arms' length to make sure you're okay. "Never scare me like that again." Then he pulls you back into a hug.

You point at Lloyd's back and mouth help at the others over his shoulder. Jay stifles a giggle, but the other ninja come over and help extricate you from Lloyd's embrace.

"So what happened?" Jay asks as soon as you can breathe again. "Where's—oof!" he grunts as Zane elbows him in the ribs.

"B/f/n's knocked out," you say, giving the rest of them an angry look, which they ignore because you're apparently 'too cute.' "Why didn't you tell me about her?"

The rest of the ninja look uncomfortable. "Sensei told us not to tell you," Zane explains in a small voice. "And we agreed."

"Most of us agreed," Kai corrects, seeing the angry look on Lloyd's face. "Lloyd said we should tell you everything."

"And he was right!" you say in exasperation. "You should have told me about everything before, Sensei Wu or not. I'm going to ask C/g/n to give him a frying pan beating when we get home."

Jay raises his hand. "Did b/f/n tell you all this stuff?"

You shake your head. "No, I remembered."

"All of it?" Lloyd asks hopefully.

"Yeah, as far as I can tell," you say.

The rest of the ninja, except for Nya, share uncomfortable looks. Apparently they weren't expecting that. You all stand there in awkward silence for a while. Lloyd starts to say something, then decides against it.

"Okay, could you all, I don't know, go bother C/g/n and Cole or something?" you finally ask. Nya, Kai, Zane, and Jay reluctantly take the hint and wander off.

Lloyd watches them go and sighs in relief. "I thought they'd never leave."

You don't respond. Instead, you kiss him for a long, long time.