Making It Official

You're pacing back and forth in front of Doomsday Comics. Lloyd promised to meet you here five minutes ago. Either that or your watch is fast. Finally. Lloyd walks out of the store holding something inside of a paper bag.

"You were here the whole time?" you ask.

"Yeah," Lloyd says. "I was picking up a surprise for you, but the line was really long."

"A surprise? What is it?" you ask excitedly.

Lloyd laughs and snatches his bag away from you. "Not yet, y/n."

"Aww..." you pout.

Lloyd laughs and mimics your pouting face until you both burst out laughing.

You grin at Lloyd. "Last one to the candy store is a stone warrior!"

"Hey!" Lloyd chases you down the street and around the corner. You stand in the door to the candy store and stick your tongue out at Lloyd.

"I win!" you tease.

Lloyd's POV

I got to Doomsday Comics three hours early to pick up a present for y/n. I thought that would be plenty of time, but I didn't count on the line. By the time I finally get what I came for, I'm five minutes late to meet y/n. There's no time to do anything fancy, so I stuff y/n's gift in a paper bag and get out of there.

Y/n looks a bit surprised to see me come out of the store instead of around the corner. "You were here the whole time?"

"Yeah," I tell her. "I was picking up a surprise for you, but the line was really long." I show her the paper bag I hid her present in.

Y/n jumps up and down. "A surprise? What is it?" she starts trying to grab the bag from me.

I laugh and hold the bag out of reach. "Not yet, y/n."

"Aww..." Y/n makes her adorable pouting face.

I make a face back at her. We have a pout-down for a minute, until I see that y/n's trying not to laugh. Now I have to laugh, and it isn't long before we're both laughing like lunatics.

"Last one to the candy store is a stone warrior!" Y/n turns and starts running down the street.

"Hey!" I try to catch up, but y/n has a head start. By the time I get to the candy store, she's standing in the doorway, sticking her tongue out at me.

"I win!" y/n laughs. She holds the door open while I groan and head inside.

Your POV

You and Lloyd head into the candy store and each fill a bag with candy. After you pay, you head outside to your favorite bench.

"Do I get to see what my surprise is now?" you ask. "Pretty, pretty please with a gummy bear on top?"

"Okay..." Lloyd laughs. He hands you the bag.

"Yay!" you open the bag and pull out a copy of Starfarer. "A special-edition two hundredth issue!? I thought these were impossible to get ahold of!"

"Not if you know the right people," Lloyd says with a grin. "Of course, being the famous Golden Ninja helped a bit, too."

"I love it!" you hug Lloyd, then jump up and down and run around the bench a few times. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Lloyd shakes his head. "Don't thank me until you look inside the cover."

You flip it open and see two things: a large signature and a note from Lloyd.

Lloyd's POV

After y/n and I buy our candy, we sit down on our usual bench.

"Do I get to see what my surprise is now? Pretty, pretty please with a gummy bear on top?" Y/n is bouncing up and down in her seat. She's so energetic-sometimes it's hard to tell whether she's on a sugar high or it's just her personality.

I can't help but laugh. "Okay..." I give y/n the bag.

"Yay!" She yanks it open like I open my presents on Christmas morning. "A special-edition two hundredth issue!? I thought these were impossible to get ahold of!"

"Not if you know the right people," I tell her. "Of course, being the famous Golden Ninja helped a bit, too." I spent forever tracking down a copy of that comic, but the look on y/n's face makes it all worth it.

Y/n gives me a rib-cracking hug, then jumps up and down and runs around the bench a few times. "I love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Don't thank me until you look inside the cover." This is the part I'm nervous about; what if she says no? What if I'm about to completely ruin our friendship?

Your POV

"You got this signed by Fritz Donnegan's voice actor?? You must have been standing in line forever...this-is-so-completely-incredible!" You're jumping up and down from excitement.

"Are you on a sugar high?" Lloyd asks suspiciously.

You grin at him innocently. "No..."

Lloyd sighs. "Y/n..."

"Well...maybe just a little bit..." you blush.

Lloyd laughs and rests his arm on the back of the bench. "Did you read my note yet?"

"Oh, right!" you flip the cover open again and pull out Lloyd's note.

Y/n,

You're the sweetest, most amazing girl I've ever met. You light up my life, and I can't think of a better way to spend a day than with you. Will you be my girlfriend?

Lloyd.

Lloyd's POV

"You got this signed by Fritz Donnegan's voice actor??" Y/n is jumping up and down like a pogo stick. "You must have been standing in line forever! This-is-so-completely-incredible!"

"Are you on a sugar high?" I ask. I honestly can't tell the difference sometimes, but I'm pretty sure that even y/n isn't usually this energetic.

Y/n gins at me innocently. "No..."

"Y/n..." I sigh.

"Well...maybe just a little bit..."

I drape my arm across the back of the bench. "Did you read my note yet?"

"Oh, right!" Y/n opens the cover and pulls my note out. The huge grin on her face fades into a look of surprise as she reads.

Your POV

You stare at the note in your hands for a second before turning to look at Lloyd. "Really...? Yes, yes, absolutely! I'd love to be your girlfriend!"

"Really-I mean, great!" Lloyd says.

You sit down next to Lloyd. He wraps his arm around your shoulders and pulls you close. You rest your head on his shoulder.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Lloyd."

(Big day, guys!

100 FOLLOWERS! WOOT WOOT!!

And, to celebrate this special occasion, I'm publishing the first installment of a new book titled (drumroll, please...) Ninjago Perfect Match Bonus Scenes! While it's not essential reading, it's going to be loaded with extra scenes, author Q&A's, and maybe even a few spoilers. I'll explain more in the book itself, if you're interested.

Oh, and shout-out to _oceanicflare_ for being follower number 100! You rock!)