Trying to Remember

"So, you're saying we met on an online dating website?" you ask incredulously.

"That's what I'm saying," Lloyd says.

"Don't be ridiculous," you snort. "There's no way I'd sign up for online dating."

Jay snickers from behind you. "That's what Lloyd said!"

"We had to literally drag him to the computer!" Kai laughs.

Jay snorts. "Easy for you to say—Zane and I did all the work!"

You glare over the back of the couch. "Do you guys mind?" Lloyd is trying to explain your relationship so far, but the other four ninja are watching you—and interrupting at every opportunity.

"No, not at all." Kai says.

"Why don't you just take a picture while you're at it?" you demand.

Cole jumps to his feet. "Picture? Y/n, you're a genius!" He runs out of the room.

You stare after him. "What?"

Cole comes back in holding a large scrapbook. "You owe me an apology, Lloyd! I told you my camera would come in handy someday!"

"What—?" you start. Cole plops the scrapbook on your lap and starts flipping pages.

"I know it's in here somewhere..." he mutters. "Aha! You and Lloyd kissing!"

Lloyd glares at Cole. "I thought you got rid of that!"

Cole holds up a finger. "You owe me one."

You flush as you look at the picture Cole pointed out. You and Lloyd both have your eyes closed and your arms around each other. There's a smear of chocolate on Lloyd's face.

Lloyd looks over your shoulder. "That was our first kiss," he says quietly. You glance up at him, then back at the picture. Something about it seems familiar...

"Aww..." you and Lloyd whip around to see Cole in the doorway, holding a camera. You can tell from the look on his face that he's taken a picture.

"COLE!" you both yell. Cole turns and runs away, shouting for help, with you and Lloyd right behind him...

"I—I think...didn't Cole get beaten up for taking this picture?" you ask.

Everyone in the room freezes. "Yeah," Cole says slowly. "How did you know that?"

You shrug. "It came to me. Just now. Why?"

"Y/n, you just remembered something!" Jay practically shouts. "This is great! Do you remember anything else?"

"Other than the fact that you're annoying?" you say sarcastically.

Kai snickers. "You remember that, too?"

"No, actually, that was a guess," you reply.

Lloyd doesn't say anything. He looks too choked up to speak.

Someone coughs quietly from the doorway. "Excuse me," Sensei Wu says. "I need to speak with y/n for a few minutes."