The Whole Truth (Or Not)

"Wow," you say, sitting down on the couch. "So, you guys are saying I lost my memory because I got captured by evil versions of you?"

"Yeah," Kai says. "Lloyd managed to rescue you, but during the fighting you accidentally used your elemental powers and then hit your head."

Jay nods quickly. "Sensei thinks that's why you lost your memory. Getting kidnapped by guys who looked exactly like us, and suddenly discovering your powers? That's a lot for someone to handle."

You nod slowly. "I see." You have a feeling that there's something else the ninja still aren't telling you, though. "It that it?"

Kai and Jay nod. Zane stares at a point on the wall behind you and mumbles a yes. Lloyd looks at the floor.

Now you're sure they still haven't told you the whole truth, but you decide to let it slide for the moment. After all, you've already got a lot to think about. And a bone to pick with Sensei Wu.

Once all the ninja have left the room, you storm down the hall and stop in front of Sensei's door. You can faintly smell incense, which means he must be meditating. Sensei Wu doesn't like to be disturbed while he's meditating, but you don't care. Meditation, schmeditation.

You knock loudly, then yank the door open and step inside. Sensei's staff immediately swats you on the head, making you wince.

"What are you doing in here, y/n?" Sensei asked.

"Wondering why exactly you didn't want the others telling me what happened to make me forget everything," you say, trying to sound brave. Now that you're actually facing Sensei Wu, you're starting to have second thoughts about this plan, but you can't back out now.

Sensei Wu sighs. "I told you, y/n, it is up to you to remember these things by yourself. If someone else tells you before then, you might not be ready to handle it."

You fold your arms, even though you wish that you could turn around and run out of the room. "Have you ever thought that maybe I am ready to handle these things, even if I can't remember them on my own?"

Sensei Wu studies you for a minute, then turns back to his incense. "I believe you have training to do, y/n."

You leave the room slowly, more confused and frustrated than before, with tears streaming down your cheeks.