Return of the Evil Ninja

(Happy New Year!)

"Guys!" Cole yells, bursting into the living room. "I can't find r/g/n!"

Everyone jumps to their feet. "What?" Lloyd asks.

"She was helping me make breakfast-oh, shut up-and she went outside to throw away some stuff I burned and never came back," Cole explains, ignoring the chorus of groans, eye rolls, and gags at the mention that he's making breakfast. "I checked the whole monastery, and she's not anywhere!"

Zane coughs quietly. "This may be a bad time, but we have company. Analysis suggests that they are our evil counterparts."

Cole pounds one fist into the palm of his hand. "If they hurt r/g/n, I'm going to tear them apart," he growls.

Jay stares out the window. "Weird. They're not attacking or anything. They're just standing there." He slides the window open and sticks his head out. "What do you creeps want?"

Lloyd's arm tightens protectively around your shoulders. Jay pulls his head back in through the window. "Cole, you'd better see this."

Cole sticks his head out the window. "You evil jerks!" he yells.

"If you want to see her again, hand y/n over!" a voice yells from outside. Cole lunges forward angrily. Kai and Zane yank him back inside and Nya slams the window. Cole swings around to look at you.

"Don't even think about it," Lloyd says.

Cole gestures toward the window. "And you wouldn't hand r/g/n over if it was y/n who got captured?"

"He's got a point," Jay says. "I'd do it for Nya. Besides, I can give y/n a tracking device-"

"You're missing the point, you moron!" Kai snaps. "We can't just hand y/n over to those guys. Remember what happened last time?"

Cole and Lloyd are standing nose-to-nose in the center of the room, oblivious to the rest of the fighting. "It's not like we'd just leave her there!" Cole says.

"Over my dead body!" Lloyd yells.

"Let's not fight!" Zane shouts over the various arguments. "This should be y/n's decision." Everyone turns to look at you.

You take a deep breath. "Cole's right. I have to go with them."

Lloyd grabs your hand. "No, you can't!"

"I've fought these guys before, Lloyd," you say.

"Not that you remember!" Lloyd protests fiercely.

You hold up a hand to stop him. "The point is that I'm already involved. It's not fair for me to let r/g/n get dragged into this, too. If I go out there, they'll let her go."

"I won't let you!" Lloyd snaps.

"It's not your choice, Lloyd," you reply, frustrated.

"But-" Lloyd begins, then glances at the others. He tugs you into a corner and lowers his voice. "I don't want you to get hurt again."

You sigh. "I know. That's why I have a plan. Once r/g/n gets back, she can lead you to wherever they're staying, and you can break me out and take care of these evil ninja once and for all."

Lloyd shakes his head. "I still don't like it."

"Lloyd, trust me," you whisper.

"But I-I can't lose you like this," Lloyd whispers back. "Not again."

"You won't," you reply, giving Lloyd a quick kiss. "I promise."

"But-" Lloyd starts, then lunges forward as you slip backward into the shadows and teleport away. "Y/n!"

"Sorry, Lloyd," you whisper to yourself. You open the monastery's front door and step outside, glancing over your shoulder. "But I have to do this. I have to find out the whole truth, once and for all."

You turn around to face the evil ninja and hold up your hands in surrender. "I'll escape and come back, Lloyd," you murmur under your breath. "I promise."