First Kiss

Givemecandy: Hey, y/n…

Y/u: What?

Givemecandy: My parents are visiting me today if you want to meet them. I mean, you don’t have to if you don’t want to…

Y/u: Sounds exciting! I’ll be right over. Will there be candy? 

Givemecandy: Why would there not be candy?

You walk into the monastery and meet a nervous Lloyd. “My dad’s in here…” he says pointing to the living room.

Lloyd’s dad is meditating, and he doesn’t look up when you and Lloyd walk in.

“Dad, can I ask you a question?” Lloyd asks.

Without opening his eyes, Lloyd’s dad replies, “You just did.”

Lloyd sighs. “Can I ask you two questions, then?”

“That was your second question.”

You try not to giggle. Lloyd thinks for a minute, then says, “Can I ask you four questions, then?”

“You already have.”

Lloyd frowns. “When?”

You grin. “Right now.”

Lloyd facepalms, and you burst out laughing and high-five his dad.

Lloyd’s dad stands up and shakes your hand. “I am Sensei Garmadon. You must be Lloyd’s girlfriend, y/n.”

“Daaaaad! She’s not my girlfriend!”

“Mm-hm. We’ve certainly heard a lot about her, for someone who’s not a girlfriend,” someone says from behind you. You blush and turn around.

A woman with gray hair pulled back in a long braid is standing behind you. “Hello,” she says warmly, shaking your hand. “I’m Misako, Lloyd’s mother.”

“Uh…hi.” 

Lloyd rolls his eyes. “Mom, are you done embarrassing me now?”

“I’m just saying hello to your friend. How can that be embarrassing?”

Lloyd sighs, facepalms, and drags you out of the room.

“Your parents are nice,” you tell him.

Lloyd blushes. “Well, yeah…I just wish they weren’t so into the idea of me having a girlfriend.”

You laugh and try to hide your blush. “So, about that candy…”

Lloyd grins and leads you to the kitchen. The table is covered with bags of Jolly Ranchers, gummy candies, M&Ms, Skittles, and candy bars.

“Candy pig out!” you yell. Then you run to the table and grab a candy bar.

A few minutes later, you and Lloyd have finally slowed down and are eating your candy one piece at a time. You’re starting to feel the beginning of a sugar buzz coming on, which is a sure sign that it’s almost time to stop.

“Y/n, you have chocolate all over your face,” Lloyd teases.

“So do you,” you laugh. You grab a towel, moisten it in the sink, and use it to wipe the chocolate off of your face. You toss the towel over your shoulder. “Clean yourself off.”

You wash your hands in the sink and turn around to find yourself just a few inches from Lloyd’s face. As if on some prearranged signal, you and Lloyd both lean in until your lips touch gently. It’s your first kiss, and it’s even more amazing than you ever dreamed it would be.

You and Lloyd kiss for at least a minute before pulling away. You feel like you could fly to the moon and back. Lloyd looks like he feels the same way.

“Aww…” you both whip around to see Cole in the doorway, holding a camera. You can tell from the look on his face that he’s taken a picture.

COLE!” you and Lloyd both yell. Cole turns and runs away, shouting for help, with you and Lloyd right behind him.