His Birthday

You knock on Lloyd's bedroom door. There's no sound from inside, so you open the door and walk in.

"Oh Lloyyyyd..." you say in a singsong voice. "Guess what todaaay is..."

"It's Saturday, y/n," Lloyd groans. "Let me sleep."

You grin. "Nope. That's not it. Keep guessing."

Lloyd groans and puts his pillow over his head. "I can't guess, y/n. Now let me sleep."

"Last chance," you warn. "You have to guess or I'll tell you."

"Then tell me already," Lloyd mumbles from beneath his pillow.

"Well..." you grin and pull an air horn from behind your back. "IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!" you scream, honking the air horn wildly.

Lloyd yelps and rolls off of his bed. A few seconds later, his tousled blond head pops into view.

"Don't do that, y/n!" he yelps.

You grin innocently and hide the air horn behind your back. "But how else was I supposed to get your attention? The others have a surprise for you in the kitchen."

Lloyd groans and stands up. You put your hands over his eyes and lead him down the stairs and into the kitchen. Cole, Jay, Kai, Zane, Nya, Lloyd's parents, and Sensei Wu are already there, surrounding a big birthday cake that Zane baked.

"Happy birthday, Lloyd! Make a wish!" you say, uncovering his eyes.

Lloyd grins at the cake on the table in front of him. Someone used 12 candles to make a 19 on top of the cake. Apparently that's some sort of inside joke, but nobody will tell you what it is.

You watch as Lloyd closes his eyes and makes his wish, then opens them and blows out the candles.

"What did you wish for?" you ask.

"Nope, not telling," Lloyd says with a grin.

Zane starts cutting the cake and putting pieces on plates. Kai swats Cole's hand away from one of the plates. "Birthday kid first," he scolds. Cole groans and rolls his eyes.

"Aww, come on," Jay says with a grin. "What was it?"

"Well..." Lloyd shrugs. "I wished for something sweet."

Zane gets a sneaky look on his face. "That is what you wished for?" he asks.

Lloyd gives Zane a suspicious look. "Yeah..."

"All right!" Zane grabs a piece of cake and smushes it into Lloyd's face. "Happy birthday! My gift was exactly what you wanted!"

"Zane! Why would you waste cake like that?" Cole demands. Kai and Jay burst out laughing.

Lloyd wipes crumbs and frosting off of his face. "Okay, who turned Zane's funny switch on?"

"KAI!" Jay and Cole say, pointing.

Kai holds up his hands and backs away slowly. "Um...for the record, I didn't know he'd do that..."

You glare at Kai and make an 'I'm watching you' gesture. "I'll deal with you later." Kai gulps.

Lloyd finishes wiping his face. "Okay, now that that's taken care of, let's have the cake."

"Hear hear!" Cole says. Everyone laughs.

"Hey, Lloyd," you say. "You missed a spot."

Lloyd smirks at you. "Where?"

"Right here," you say, kissing him.

Zane, Jay, and Kai laugh. Nya sighs happily. Sensei Wu, Garmadon, and Misako are quiet.

Cole groans. "I really wish I knew where they hid my camera!"