He Does Something Weird

You're bored. And hungry. Lloyd invited you out to the monastery, but the ninja are all in training, so there's nobody for you to hang out with. Since you don't have anything else to do, you decide to go to the kitchen and make a sandwich.

You search through all the cupboards for a plate before realizing that someone-probably Kai-forgot to unload the dishwasher. You pull the dishwasher open to get a plate and a knife, then stop and stare at the top rack.

"Lloyd!" you yell. "Why is your gi in the dishwasher?"

Lloyd walks into the kitchen, and you gesture helplessly at the ninja gi spread across the top rack. "Why?"

"Because Jay got grease on Zane's ninja suit," Lloyd explains.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

Cole comes into the kitchen as well. He takes in the scene and rolls his eyes.

"Because," he explains, "Lloyd turned Zane's suit pink once as a prank, and now Zane won't let anyone near the washing machine while he does his laundry."

You have to laugh at that. You can't imagine any of the ninja-much less Zane-wearing a pink gi. "I wish I could have seen that."

"You can," Cole tells you. "I have pictures. Don't tell Zane."

"Do not tell me what?" Zane asks from the doorway.

"Lloyd was just complaining about how you wouldn't let him use the washing machine," you say quickly.

Zane scowls at Lloyd. "There is a reason why I do not let my brothers wash my ninja suit."

"Hey!" Lloyd protests. "That was one time! I was a kid! And Sensei Wu told me to do it! Don't kill the messenger!"

"You enjoyed it," Cole tells him. "I know you did."

"Um...maybe a little," Lloyd admits. "But that's not the point!"

You sigh. "My point is, why did you put your gi in the dishwasher? Couldn't you just wait for Zane to finish with the washing machine?"

"Well...yeah," Lloyd admits. "Look, can we talk about this later?"

"No, let's hear it now," Cole says with a grin. "What do you think, y/n?"

"I think we should hear it now," you say.

Lloyd flushes red. "I just wanted to see if I could, okay? Is that a crime?"

"Well, your suit's clean all right," you tell him. "But how are you going to dry it?"

Lloyd opens and closes his mouth for a moment. Then he mumbles something unintelligible.

"What?" you ask.

"The ceiling fan..." Lloyd says quietly.

You and Cole burst out laughing. "That sounds so funny!" you gasp. "Can you imagine what the others would think if we hung all their gis from the ceiling fan?"

Cole glares at you. "Stay away from my laundry."

Zane looks around at the three of you, shakes his head, and slowly backs out of the kitchen.