When You Like Each Other

You're really good friends with Lloyd. But sometimes you catch yourself wishing you were more than friends. It's not just that Lloyd's smart or funny or cute or that he likes candy and comics almost as much as you do-although he is all those things.

When you're around Lloyd, it feels like your whole world has lit up. You never get tired of talking to him. You're not sure what makes him different from other guys you've met, but there's something there, and you love it. At first, you thought you were just having mini-fangirl attacks. Then you realized that you might actually have a crush on someone for the first time, but you have no idea if Lloyd feels the same way.

Finally, you work up the nerve to mention it to b/f/n. She listens while you tell her the whole story. Then she bursts out laughing.

"It's not funny, b/f/n!" you yell at her. "What should I do?"

B/f/n somehow manages to stop laughing and look up at you. "Ask him out, of course."

"Well, if that's what you wanted to say, why were you laughing?" you demand.

B/f/n sighs. "Y/n, you are literally the only person who didn't know that you've got a crush on Lloyd. I know it, all your friends know it, your dad knows it-"

"Wait, wait, wait. My dad? But he's clueless!"

"Not as clueless as you, obviously," b/f/n says, rolling her eyes. "He's been pestering me about who you have a crush on for weeks."

"Fine," you sigh. "What should I do?"

B/f/n rolls her eyes and says in an exasperated tone, "Ask him out!"

You stare at her. "But what if he doesn't like me back?"

B/f/n facepalms. "You really are clueless, y/n."

"He's head-over-heels, isn't he?"

B/f/n winks at you. "You're catching on."

Lloyd's POV

I trip on the top step and fall down the stairs. Again. I sit up and check to make sure I didn't hurt anything.

"Lloyd, when are you gonna stop crashing into stuff?" Kai asks.

"I didn't crash into anything!" I say back.

Zane pokes his head out of the kitchen. "Actually, Lloyd is not 'crashing into stuff,' as you put it. He seems to have trouble negotiating the stairway properly."

"Thanks, Zane," I tell him sarcastically. "You're a big help."

"You're welcome." Zane goes back into the kitchen.

Kai rolls his eyes. "Oh, my mistake. You fell down the stairs. That's much better. It still makes a lot of noise. How hard is it to climb down stairs?"

"Apparently, pretty hard," Cole says. "He's been doing this every day for two weeks."

Kai sighs. "You think I haven't heard him?"

I really need to pay more attention to that top step. It's like being a little kid again and tripping over the pant legs of my ninja suit all the time. Except I'm not a little kid, and there's nothing for me to trip over.

"You know I'm right here, right?" I say, folding my arms.

Cole sighs. "Why don't you just do us all a favor and not think about y/n while you're using the stairs?"

"Well," Jay says, walking out of the video games room, "I guess that's why they call it being head-over-heels!"

Everyone groans. Even Zane, who's come back out of the kitchen to see what's going on. My face gets all hot, and I glare at Jay.

"Nobody asked you!" I snap.

"He is blushing," Zane says. "That is a sign of a 'crush,' is it not?"

"You guys suck!" I get up and walk into the games room.

I'd never admit it to the guys, but I have been thinking about y/n...all the time, really. She's cute, and sweet, and she likes comic books and candy. She likes them almost as much as I do! Plus, she doesn't fangirl all over the place when we talk to each other.

The only problem is...I know she just likes me as a friend. Then again...her friend was teasing her about liking me when I was at that sleepover...alright! Fine! I've made up my mind. I'm gonna ask y/n out!