You Meet His Friends

(Remember how I said in my very important A/N back at the beginning that none of my boyfriend scenarios are going to be exactly the same? Everyone who’s reading more than one of my stories is about to find out what I meant. It’s kind of hard to explain without boring you all to death, so I’m just going to let you read on and figure it out. Trust me, you’ll get it.)

You hop nervously from foot to foot. Lloyd asked you to meet his friends, and you agreed, so now you’re standing in the middle of a candy shop just around the corner from Doomsday Comics. There’s almost nobody else in the shop, so you guess now is the best time to meet. If Lloyd brought his friends to meet you in a crowded place, there’d be a riot.

The bell over the door jingles, and a group of five people walks in.

“I still don’t see why you dragged us out to Ninjago City, Lloyd,” a guy in a red jacket complains. “You don’t need our help to buy candy.”

Lloyd rolls his eyes. “I told you guys, there’s someone I want you to meet. Y/n! Over here!”

You walk over to Lloyd. “Hi.”

“Guys,” Lloyd says, “this is y/n. Y/n, these are my friends, Kai, Jay, Zane, and Cole.”

There’s a chorus of “hello” and “nice to meet you.” then Jay turns and points at Kai.

“Ha!” he shouts. “You owe me five bucks!” Kai grumbles, but he pulls out a five dollar bill and hands it over to Jay.

“Wait, what?” you ask.

Cole rolls his eyes. “Jay bet Kai five dollars that Lloyd was bringing us all out here to meet his girlfriend.”

“She’s not my girlfriend!” Lloyd protests angrily.

"You talk about her like she is," Jay says.

“You met on an online dating website,” Zane says thoughtfully. “Does that not make you boyfriend and girlfriend?”

You roll your eyes. “Even if we were dating—which we aren’t,” you add, glaring at Cole and Jay. “That still wouldn’t make us boyfriend and girlfriend.”

“Hear, hear,” Lloyd says. “Now, who wants some candy?”

“Does that mean you’re buying?” Jay asks.

“I think you’re buying,” you tell him. “You’re the one with five dollars.”

“No way!” Jay protests. “Kai should be paying! He lost the bet!”

“I never agreed that the loser should pay for candy!” Kai shouts.

“Technically, Cole should be paying, since he is our team leader,” Zane says. It’s hard to tell, what with him being a nindroid, but you think he might be enjoying this.

“Hey,” Cole says. “Leave me out of this! I don’t even want candy!”

While the others argue, you and Lloyd each fill a bag with candy and pay at the cash register.

“How long do you think it’ll take for them to notice we’re gone?” Lloyd asks mischievously.

You grin at him. “Let’s find out.”

Ten minutes later, you and Lloyd are sharing a Starfarer comic on a nearby bench when the others walk out of the candy store.

“What took you so long?” you shout cheerfully. “It’s just candy!”

Kai groans. “You’re as bad as Lloyd. He pranks everybody!”

You and Lloyd share a fist bump. “I’d better get going,” Lloyd tells you.

“See you later,” you say with a grin.