Halloween

You arrive at the monastery at five o' clock on the dot with your costume. Lloyd greets you as you walk through the door.

"Can we see it now?" he asks.

You roll your eyes. "Yes, you can. Just let me get changed."

Your costume is a huge secret, and everyone's been trying to guess what it is for weeks. Tonight's the night-you're going to show them what it is. You can't resist a grin when you imagine the looks on their faces.

You duck into the bathroom and put your costume on. Then you slip out through the window, circle around the monastery, and head inside through the back door. Jay is talking (as usual) to Kai, Zane, and Cole when you walk into the living room.

"We're finally gonna see y/n's costume! Hey, Lloyd. If I have to wait much longer, I'm gonna burst from excitement!"

"I'd like to see that," Kai laughs. Jay swats him on the shoulder.

Lloyd walks into the room wearing a Fritz Donnegan costume. "Is y/n changed yet?"

"Not yet," Jay tells him. "She's...wait a minute, LLOYD?!" Jay stares back and forth between you and Lloyd.

You burst out laughing and pull off the hood of your costume. "Took you long enough."

"That's the best costume ever!" Cole laughs.

"Indeed," Zane says. "For a few moments, I thought that you were Lloyd. That is an excellent costume. How did you obtain it?"

"I have my ways..." you say with a smirk.

The truth? You "borrowed" one of Lloyd's old Green Ninja gis with a little help from Sensei Wu. Then b/f/n's mom helped you alter it to fit you.

"Well...um...yeah, okay, it's pretty cool," Jay says. He's still a little embarrassed from mistaking you for Lloyd. "Are we gonna stand here all night, or are we gonna go get candy?"

You and Lloyd look at each other. "CANDY!!" you both yell.

You sprint for the door. "Person with the least candy at the end of the night is a rotten ninja!"

"Is that a challenge?" Lloyd asks.

You grin. "You better believe it, Fritz."

You and Lloyd crisscross Ninjago City all night, trick-or-treating for candy. Finally, everyone regroups at the monastery to decide the winner. On the count of three, everyone empties their candy onto the kitchen table.

Kai, Jay, Cole, and Zane's piles are pretty much even. Lloyd's pile is at least twice the size of theirs. But your pile is definitely the biggest.

"What the heck?" Lloyd asks. "We went to all the same houses-how did you get more candy?"

You grin at him. "My feminine charms and likability."

"Aww!"