Meeting in Person

You’re in Doomsday Comics. Givemecandy was dropping hints yesterday that he’d be here at around 3 in the afternoon, and you’re pretty sure that he was trying to ask you to meet him. Besides, you have an errand to run—the latest issue of Starfarer has hit the shelves, and you need to get a copy before they all sell out.

“Hey, y/n!” Rufus McAllister, a.k.a. Mother Doomsday, greets you as you walk through the door. “Better grab the latest Starfarer while you can—I’m down to my last two copies.”

“Thanks for the heads up, Mother Doomsday,” you say, jogging over to the shelf. There’s only one copy left. It’s a good thing you got there when you did. You grab the comic off of the shelf—at the exact same time as someone else.

“Hey!” you say, tugging on the comic. “I was here first!”

The other person, a boy with blonde hair, deep blue eyes, and a green hoodie tugs right back. “No way! I was here first, fair and square!”

“Y/n! Lloyd!” Mother Doomsday walks over to you two. “Do I have to give that comic to someone else?”

At the exact same time, you both protest, “But if I don’t get a copy, my pen pal will ruin it!”

You look at ‘Lloyd.’ “Wait a minute…”

Mother Doomsday looks back and forth between the two of you. “Why do I get the feeling I’m looking at a classic comic-book plot twist in real life?”

“One way to find out.” You let go of the comic book, glare at Lloyd, then pull out your phone and message Givemecandy.

Y/u: Fighting over a Starfarer comic.

Lloyd reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone. Then he flips it around so you can see the message you just sent on his screen.

You hold out a hand. “Y/n.”

Lloyd stuffs his phone back into his pocket. “Lloyd Garmadon…but you probably figured that out already.”

Mother Doomsday clears his throat. “So…am I gonna have to take that comic back?”

Lloyd shakes his head and hands you the comic. “Don’t spoil it,” he warns.

“You got it,” you tell him. Mother Doomsday walks away.

You grin at Lloyd. “Can you imagine playing out that kind of scene as a prank?”

“Yeah,” Lloyd grins back at you.

Later that evening, you’re all set to read your new copy of Starfarer when a piece of paper falls out. You pick it up and see that it’s a note from Lloyd.

So…here’s my phone number if you want to call me some time: 555-4861 –Lloyd. 

(It has been brought to my attention that I was unclear on whether Lloyd was older or younger. He's older. I thought that would be obvious, but I stand corrected. My bad.

Thanks for the heads up, DiamondHeartness_23!)