I Promise I'm Not Trying to Make You Panic

The evil ninja blindfold you and march you through the woods, pushing you from behind and sometimes dragging you for several steps at a time when you trip because you can't see where you're going.

When they finally take the blindfold off, you're standing in the center of an ancient, crumbling building. There's a large archway behind you, where you must have come in, and a bunch of other spaces that probably used to have doors in them. If there were ever any doors, they're long gone now.

You turn in a slow circle, wondering what's going to happen now. The real ninja told you enough to know that the evil ninja have a score to settle with you, but if they were just going to kill you, they wouldn't have dragged you all the way out here. Your best guess is that they're using you as bait, again.

You're shocked when a girl about your age materializes out of thin air right in front of you. None of the ninja ever mentioned another girl helping the evil ninja. You knew there was something they weren't telling you!

"Nice to see you again, y/n," the girl says with a smirk. She holds up one hand and flashes a bright light in your face, blinding you. You hold up your hands to shield your eyes, stumble backward, and sit down hard.

"Pathetic," she sneers. "You haven't changed a bit since the last time we met. Except I hear you've lost your memory now. How does that feel?" She lashes out a wild punch at you. "How does it feel to lose everything?"

You scoot backwards, using your hands and arms to fend off as many of her punches and kicks as possible. "Maybe if you stopped hitting me and let me answer!"

The girl comes to a stop and looks down at you. "You really haven't changed a bit. You're still as weak and stupid and naïve as ever."

"What are you talking about?" you gasp. "Who are you?"

"If you really cared, you'd remember!" The girl grabs the back of your collar and yanks you to your feet. She starts shoving you forward, toward an opening in the far wall.

"Where are we going?" you pant.

"The same place as that other girl," the person pushing you snaps. You don't think you like the sound of this very much. "And I really hope you try to run," she snarls, holding up a fist to make her point.

You shake your head quickly. "Trust me, I'm not going anywhere."