Shopping Trip

Nya insisted on taking you to the mall to buy some new clothes so you don't have to borrow hers anymore. The other ninja agreed to come with you as well. Lloyd practically demanded to be allowed to come. He rarely lets you out of his sight, especially after Sensei Wu's announcement that you have an elemental power. You appreciate the thought—and you have to admit that you just might have a crush on him—but you wouldn't mind having a bit more privacy.

You've remembered a few more snippets over the last few days, but none of them involve the ninja. You've stopped mentioning when you remember things, mostly because you're sick of being asked a million questions every time it happens. You're also getting tired of hearing the words, "Have you remembered anything else?"

After a while, you and Nya finally manage to escape the ninja and pick out some clothes you like. You pay for the clothes and wander through a few stores while Nya heads off to find the others.

After a while, you're ready to go home. You see a girl leaning against a nearby wall and decide to ask her if maybe she's seen any of the ninja. You walk over to her and tap on her shoulder. "Excuse me, have you seen—"

"You!" she spits. You take a step backwards from surprise.

"Uh, do I know you?" you ask.

The girl ignores your question and pulls back her fist. "I'm going to—"

You don't hear the rest of her sentence. Instead, you take off running. You don't stop until you burst out of the store and crash into a girl about your age, knocking both of you over.

"Hey!" the other girl says, getting to her feet. "What's the hurry?"

"Sorry, sorry!" you say, scrambling to your feet and checking over your shoulder to make sure...whoever that was...isn't following you. "I just...it's kind of a long story."

The other girl laughs and holds out a hand. "Don't worry about it. Hi, I'm (random girl's name)."

You shake her hand. "Y/n. Nice to meet you."

R/g/n's eyes widen as she notices something behind you. "Um, I've got to go," she says quickly. "It was nice meeting you, y/n. I hope we run into each other again sometime."

"Not literally, right?" you ask jokingly.

"Of course not," r/g/n chuckles. "See you later!" She turns around and walks away as fast as she can, vanishing into the crowd.

"What was that about?" you mutter to yourself. You turn and look over your shoulder, but all you can see is Cole coming toward you. "Oh, hey, Cole. What's the big hurry? And where's Lloyd?"

Cole jogs past you without even slowing down. "Not now. He's in the candy store. Later, y/n."

"Nice to see you too," you mutter sarcastically. Then you head toward the candy store to find Lloyd.