Nightmares

You tiptoe into Lloyd's bedroom, holding a jar of f/c nail polish. Sure, it's a basic prank, but you can't wait to see the look on Lloyd's face when he wakes up to painted toenails in the morning. You've just got to pull the sheets up to expose his feet, paint his toes, and make sure they all dry before you put the sheets back. Piece of candy, right?

You put the nail polish on Lloyd's dresser and frown. Lloyd is tossing and turning in his sleep, with the sheets completely twisted around him. His forehead is soaked in sweat.

"Lloyd?" you say, reaching out hesitantly and touching his shoulder. Lloyd groans in his sleep and waves his arm, trying to bat your hand away.

"Lloyd," you repeat, prank forgotten. "Wake up!"

Lloyd's POV

(Warning: this part of the scenario is rated PG-13 for violence and descriptions of blood. Those of you who are uncomfortable with that will want to skip to the end of the dream sequence {italics}.)

Y/n stares at me helplessly from behind my evil duplicate. She's tied to a chair, watching as I try to get to her.

"Hang on, y/n!" I call. "I'll save you, I promise!"

My double laughs. "You can't save y/n. You won't even be able to save yourself."

I try to hit him, but he dodges my move easily and retaliates with a move of his own. "Just forget it, Lloyd. Why would y/n want you, anyway? You're worthless...weak..."

"I'm not weak!" I yell, still trying to hit him. "I'm not!"

"Aren't you?" b/f/n asks from over by where y/n is. She pulls out a knife and holds it to y/n's throat. "Surrender, or watch your girlfriend die."

I stop and stare helplessly at b/f/n. "Why are you doing this? Y/n is your friend!"

B/f/n glares at me. "Not anymore. Now make your choice—your life, or y/n's."

"Don't listen to her, Lloyd!" y/n shouts. B/f/n presses the knife harder against y/n's neck.

Of course, there's only one choice I can make. "I surrender," I say, raising my hands.

B/f/n smirks and cuts y/n free. "Good choice."

"Lloyd, look out!" y/n shouts. A second later, someone hits me hard from behind, making me stumble forward. When I look up again, y/n is standing in front of me with a red stain on her chest. As I watch, it slowly starts spreading down her shirt.

"Y/n!" I yell. My vision gradually starts to darken, until it's like I'm looking down a long tunnel. I try to reach y/n, but I collapse onto my hands and knees.

"Lloyd," y/n says desperately. She reaches out to me, but I can't get to her. "Help...me..." I vaguely hear my double laughing in the distance.

The last thing I see before everything goes dark is y/n collapsing to the floor in a puddle of her own blood.

Your POV

"No! Y/n!" Lloyd yells suddenly. He jerks upright in bed, panting.

You put a hand on Lloyd's shoulder, trying to calm him down. "It's okay, Lloyd. You were just having a nightmare."

To your surprise, Lloyd flings his arms around you and hugs you tightly, still shaking. "You're alive... You're okay..." he pants.

You look at him, surprised. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Lloyd takes a few deep breaths and gradually stops shaking. "Promise you won't leave me?" he asks in a small voice.

"I won't." You sit on the bed next to him and gently pat his shoulder. "I promise."