Christmas

It's Christmas Eve, and you're feeling down. Lloyd had to go to an all-night awards ceremony in Ninjago City, but you're doing your best to enjoy yourself anyway. You brought b/f/n out to the monastery to celebrate with you and the ninja. She's calmed down (mostly), and is hitting it off with Lloyd's friends. The only person who isn't having fun is you.

As the evening wears on, everyone gradually drifts off to bed. Pretty soon, the only person still awake is you. You sit on the couch and stare moodily at the Christmas tree.

You're not sure what time it is, but you're on the verge of falling asleep when you hear floorboards squeaking. Thinking that someone decided to grab a midnight snack, you stand up and head for the kitchen. Halfway down the hall, you run into someone.

"Who's that?" you demand.

"Y/n?" the person asks. You know that voice...

"Lloyd? You made it back!" You throw your arms around him.

Lloyd chuckles quietly and hugs you back. "Yeah, I made it. It's almost two in the morning, y/n. Why are you still up?"

"Couldn't sleep," you tell him. "You're not disappointed, are you?"

"Of course not, but...I kinda wanted to surprise you on Christmas morning."

You grin at Lloyd. "Well...I'm surprised...and as you pointed out, it is technically Christmas morning..."

"Okay..." Lloyd laughs.

You and Lloyd walk into the living room and sit down on the couch, bathed in the soft glow of the lights on the Christmas tree. Lloyd pulls you close to him.

"Merry Christmas, y/n," he whispers.

You rest your head on his shoulder. "Merry Christmas, Lloyd..." you whisper back. Or maybe you only think it, because by the time you finish, you're fast asleep.

§§§

You wake up to the sound of someone chuckling softly. "Do they remind you of anyone?" Sensei Garmadon's voice asks.

"As a matter of fact, they do," Misako replies softly. "Don't wake them up."

"Go away," you mumble.

Misako and Garmadon laugh again. You accept that they're not going to go away and force your eyes open with a sigh. You're still leaning on Lloyd's shoulder. At some point, Lloyd fell asleep with his arms around you and his head resting on yours.

"Aww..." Cole says from the doorway. "Stay right there, I need to get my camera."

Your eyes widen. You still haven't lived down the last time Cole took a picture of you and Lloyd. "Cole, if you take a picture, so help me, I'll-" Too late. Cole's already gone.

You elbow Lloyd. "Lloyd! Wake up!"

"Five more minutes, mom..." he mumbles.

Okay, forget subtlety. You turn and yell into Lloyd's ear, "Cole's getting his camera! WAKE UP!"

Lloyd sits up straight. "Wait, what??"

Cole sprints back into the room. "This is gonna be so-aw, man!" He looks at you and Lloyd, then hides his camera behind his back. "Um..." he says, backing away slowly. "Never mind..."

You look at Lloyd. "Let's get him." Lloyd nods. You both advance on Cole.

"Hey," Cole protests. "I didn't do anything this time!" He looks at Misako and Garmadon. "A little help here?"

"Charge!" you yell. Cole turns and runs, yelling for help, with you and Lloyd right behind him.